PDA

View Full Version : MacBook NOT accepting Snow Leopard disk...help!!!

doubleohseven
Aug 3, 2011, 12:11 AM
Hi all,

I've got a late 2007 MacBook running 10.5.8 and I want to upgrade to Snow Leopard...but the disk will constantly spit out! It will spin for a little while (at about 6x), stop, then eject itself. Sometimes I do get to a point where the MacBook will recognise the disk and it will begin the installation...before clonking out and saying there's a message with the disk. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the disk...

I urgently need to upgrade back to Snow Leopard though! Anyway that I could fix this?

Thanks!

blueroom
Aug 3, 2011, 12:12 AM
Does it read other media ok? Is it the white Snow Leopard disk?

doubleohseven
Aug 3, 2011, 12:18 AM
Seems to read other media fine...although it has trouble burning CD's. I'll have to put the burning speed to 6x or less so that I can get a successful CD.

And yes. The White Snow Leopard CD featuring the...Snow Leopard. :p

tersono
Aug 3, 2011, 12:56 AM
Either the drive is out of alignment or your disk is damaged

Rambaud
Aug 3, 2011, 02:02 AM
I had a similar problem with my macbook - although it finally spat out CDs as well as DVDs.

The drive was replaced (and upgraded to a SuperDrive) by Apple under the Applecare warranty.

doubleohseven
Aug 3, 2011, 05:28 AM
Either the drive is out of alignment or your disk is damaged

Is there any way to re-align the drive on my own? (Software update, opening it myself, etc.?)

The disk definitely isn't damaged, I had only used the SL installation disk once before.