Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
So we all know they have different versions and limited/delayed release on features... always the US get them all first before rolling out else where. So what are the feature the UK won't get on launch.

The reason I'm asking is, I have 2 accounts (UK and US). My US account right now is essentially my MobileMe account. My UK account is just an iTunes account... I'd like to make my MobileMe (what I assume will become iCloud) my main UK account - but if i'm going to loose out on features I think I may keep it.

thewalkman

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2011
As far as I know the only difference should be iTunes Match, but that will come to Europe too eventually.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
As far as I know the only difference should be iTunes Match, but that will come to Europe too eventually.

Not just iTunes Match, iTunes in the Cloud too, we only have apps and books autodownload in the UK.

to the OP, you can make either account an iCloud account, my main apple ID was iCloud without email until i enabled the email.

julianna1973

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Scotland
So we all know they have different versions and limited/delayed release on features... always the US get them all first before rolling out else where. So what are the feature the UK won't get on launch.

The reason I'm asking is, I have 2 accounts (UK and US). My US account right now is essentially my MobileMe account. My UK account is just an iTunes account... I'd like to make my MobileMe (what I assume will become iCloud) my main UK account - but if i'm going to loose out on features I think I may keep it.

I have the same issue UK & US accounts!! Im worried I will have to choose between the 2 as both have Movies & TV Shows on them that I would want to access anytime, specially now I have an iPad 2! Im hoping Apple have a match everything service & from then on I would try to stick to one account....

itsalexaye

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
Michigan
I have the same issue UK & US accounts!! Im worried I will have to choose between the 2 as both have Movies & TV Shows on them that I would want to access anytime, specially now I have an iPad 2! Im hoping Apple have a match everything service & from then on I would try to stick to one account....

well you can use both, but you can only sync one every 30 days. Thats the only down side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.