Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdpmiguel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
After installing OS X Lion, my iPod 160Gb is freezing. This occur everytyme after I automatically sync new songs to my iPod.

The Lybrary contains around 35.000 songs and I still have 11.5 GB Free.

Help!!!

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
The iPod is freezing? Or iTunes is while syncing. If it's iTunes, is it the last step-determining tracks to sync? If so I'm having this problem too, only since Lion. It's not 10.4...because I have that installed on a SL install that shares the same library and it's fine.

It does this when syncing my relatively tiny 13GB library to my iPhone.

rdpmiguel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
trouble: iPod 160GB x OS X Lion

The iPod freezes after disconnected from iTunes.

I restored it many times. Put to sync again. Everything runs OK during sync.

The troubles start after disconnecting. First, the covers disappeared and the iPod freezes when I try to hear any song.

I have two iPods (160GB) and both have the same problem.

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
Sounds like the hard drive on your iPod is on its way out. I would take it to an Apple Store and have them take a look at it if you're under warranty.

rdpmiguel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
I'm sure the iPod is not on its way out.

The problem only happens in automatic sync. In manual sync everything is OK.

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
Check the realoc count in the service menu (reboot the iPod and hold center button and back key, then go to manual testing -> io -> hdd smart), if its greater than 0 your iPod hd is dying. My iPod classic worked fine with lion.

MonkeyDavid

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Corrupt song?

I had this problem before Lion. It was related to a corrupt song file--even if I didn't play it on my iPod, it froze it. I sorted by file size and found one (from a public domain collection of old 30s music) that was obviously too small for the music length. It may not be that easy for you to track down, though, so you may have to keep manually syncing until you add a playlist with the offending file and can track it down.

rdpmiguel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
corrupt song

I think you are right.

As the problem occurs in two new iPods, I sure have corrupted file (s).

The problem is how to find them in a library with 35.000 songs.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
I think you are right.

As the problem occurs in two new iPods, I sure have corrupted file (s).

The problem is how to find them in a library with 35.000 songs.

find a teenager and pay them minimum wage to do the job you are too lazy to do. or a monkey. monkeys are good too. just don't make them too smart. bad things will happen.:D

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
find a teenager
You rang!

If a song is corrupted iTunes probably won't be able to play it. There's a script called 'NeedleDrop' which will play everything in a set playlist for a few seconds, maybe you could use that to see if iTunes does anything weird on a specific track?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.