Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuartmack1974

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2011
swansea, wales, uk
Well I miss those incessant 'When will Lion arrive?' threads, so when do you think the update will arrive and sort out some of the major glitches - particularly wifi.

Dont they normally arrive around a month or so after the OS goes live?

Just thinking aloud.......:confused:

Stu

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Hi Stu :)

Who knows, could be tomorrow, could be next week... could be never. Hopefully soon. They have lot's of bugs to fix. :)

kruehl326

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
Update and When?

I was on the phone with Apple Tech Engineers the very first day Lion was available due to a File Server smb connection error - and they told me an update was imminent and would probably come out in 2-3 days...

Well that's about 2 weeks late now... Oh well.

Because of this all Macs on our Network cannot install Lion until this problem is resolved. Very frustrating especially when trying to tout Apple's prowess.

Set your Software Updates to check Daily!! Ha!

Apple, PLEASE SOON!!!!

stuartmack1974

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2011
swansea, wales, uk
I spent an hour on the phone to support today trying to sort my wifi issue - they are baffled and it remains unresolved, so theyve recommended a reinstall :0(

I think ill just wait until the update and see if that works.:cool:

Stu

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Set your Software Updates to check Daily!! Ha!

Apple, PLEASE SOON!!!!
You'll know about 10.7.1 here at MR when it gets seeded to developers. After that, the real waiting begins as it can take weeks after that before a public update.

Like I said in another post... the more time the better as one can assume they're fixing a lot. Of course half of Cupertino shuts down in the summer for vacations it seems so who the hell knows? I also have a feeling a lot of manpower is being devoted to iOS5 and iCloud.

Amberfool

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
You'll know about 10.7.1 here at MR when it gets seeded to developers. After that, the real waiting begins as it can take weeks after that before a public update.

Like I said in another post... the more time the better as one can assume they're fixing a lot. Of course half of Cupertino shuts down in the summer for vacations it seems so who the hell knows? I also have a feeling a lot of manpower is being devoted to iOS5 and iCloud.

7.2 has already been sent out to Devs, so I therefore assume that 7.1 is purely bug fixes, and therefore won't be seeded to developers in advance. Going on how it has worked in the past, I would say definitely by the end of the month, and most likely sooner rather then later. ;)

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
7.2 has already been sent out to Devs, so I therefore assume that 7.1 is purely bug fixes, and therefore won't be seeded to developers in advance.
I could be wrong but all updates have been seeded to developers in the past. if 7.1 skips this policy then it will be a first.

basher

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ USA
Given the amount and range of bugs to fix in Lion it would be in our best interest to have it seeded before released to the general population.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.