PDA

View Full Version : When will the Lion Software update arrive?

stuartmack1974
Aug 3, 2011, 11:01 AM
Well I miss those incessant 'When will Lion arrive?' threads, so when do you think the update will arrive and sort out some of the major glitches - particularly wifi.

Dont they normally arrive around a month or so after the OS goes live?

Just thinking aloud.......:confused:

Stu

WillEH
Aug 3, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hi Stu :)

Who knows, could be tomorrow, could be next week... could be never. Hopefully soon. They have lot's of bugs to fix. :)

kruehl326
Aug 3, 2011, 11:42 AM
I was on the phone with Apple Tech Engineers the very first day Lion was available due to a File Server smb connection error - and they told me an update was imminent and would probably come out in 2-3 days...

Well that's about 2 weeks late now... Oh well.

Because of this all Macs on our Network cannot install Lion until this problem is resolved. Very frustrating especially when trying to tout Apple's prowess.

Set your Software Updates to check Daily!! Ha!

Apple, PLEASE SOON!!!!

stuartmack1974
Aug 3, 2011, 12:07 PM
I spent an hour on the phone to support today trying to sort my wifi issue - they are baffled and it remains unresolved, so theyve recommended a reinstall :0(

I think ill just wait until the update and see if that works.:cool:

Stu

Steve's Barber
Aug 3, 2011, 12:21 PM
Set your Software Updates to check Daily!! Ha!

Apple, PLEASE SOON!!!!You'll know about 10.7.1 here at MR when it gets seeded to developers. After that, the real waiting begins as it can take weeks after that before a public update.

Like I said in another post... the more time the better as one can assume they're fixing a lot. Of course half of Cupertino shuts down in the summer for vacations it seems so who the hell knows? I also have a feeling a lot of manpower is being devoted to iOS5 and iCloud.

Amberfool
Aug 3, 2011, 12:29 PM
You'll know about 10.7.1 here at MR when it gets seeded to developers. After that, the real waiting begins as it can take weeks after that before a public update.

Like I said in another post... the more time the better as one can assume they're fixing a lot. Of course half of Cupertino shuts down in the summer for vacations it seems so who the hell knows? I also have a feeling a lot of manpower is being devoted to iOS5 and iCloud.

7.2 has already been sent out to Devs, so I therefore assume that 7.1 is purely bug fixes, and therefore won't be seeded to developers in advance. Going on how it has worked in the past, I would say definitely by the end of the month, and most likely sooner rather then later. ;)

Steve's Barber
Aug 3, 2011, 12:38 PM
7.2 has already been sent out to Devs, so I therefore assume that 7.1 is purely bug fixes, and therefore won't be seeded to developers in advance.I could be wrong but all updates have been seeded to developers in the past. if 7.1 skips this policy then it will be a first.

Mikey86uk
Aug 3, 2011, 01:45 PM
id wish they would hurry up.

How this got threw QC is beyond me!

basher
Aug 3, 2011, 06:36 PM
Given the amount and range of bugs to fix in Lion it would be in our best interest to have it seeded before released to the general population.

Jagardn
Aug 3, 2011, 07:50 PM
id wish they would hurry up.

How this got threw QC is beyond me!

Because at Apple they were testing hundreds of machines not hundreds of thousands.

SerrQ
Aug 3, 2011, 10:10 PM
Did you do a clean install or just upgrade?

I did a clean install and seems like I'm not having any WiFi issues on my MBP13.