PDA

View Full Version : Lion Firefox drop down menu scrolling ARGH!

B737
Aug 3, 2011, 11:33 AM
before upgrading tp lion i could scroll within website submenus / drop down menus with no problems... Like a web forum, you click the forum menu and it'll pop open a box to scroll within to to jump to the next subforum.

before i could do this freely...

now after upgrading, once i start scrolling within the box, the box disappears! its really frustrating

does anyone know how to fix for this?
im already using A Better Touch to bring back page scroll jumping but it didnt resolve the sub menu problem :(

B737
Aug 4, 2011, 10:42 AM
anyone else having this problem?
it occurs with firefox, chrome seems to be okay, id like to stick to FF... :confused:

B737
Aug 7, 2011, 10:58 AM
ive tried running firefox in safe mode it does not fix the issue of webpage drop down menus working properly. they always vanish once i start scrolling with the track pad.

tried FireFox 6 beta and that had the same issue as well.

no one else has this problem? im at wits end digging around for solutions...

paulsalter
Aug 7, 2011, 11:33 AM
Just a thought

As it's happening when you scroll in this boxes, try altering the scroll bars behaviour (always on) just to see if it makes a difference

B737
Aug 7, 2011, 11:59 AM
thats paul, I made that adjustment in Lion as well, made no change...

paulsalter
Aug 7, 2011, 12:22 PM
just been looking, I have exactly the same issue in FireFox

using the TrackPad, as soon as I try to scroll, the box vanishes
seems ok with MacBook track pad

quite a few options in firefox under about:config for scrolling, but dont really know what i am dong in there

B737
Aug 7, 2011, 12:24 PM
Mines a 13" early 2011 MacBook Air...
good call on the config i'll go digging around in there...

bcbomb47
Aug 19, 2011, 10:17 AM
Any luck finding a fix for this? It's super annoying :/

B737
Aug 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
It's ridiculous. And drives me nuts.

I'm on the verge of just going back to SL. I wish either FF or apple would address this

anotherpaul
Aug 19, 2011, 10:07 PM
Try to set the msg box to min/doc then click on it.

I have the problem with the FF preferences dialogue box where I enable/disable javascript as needed. The box would appear without anything with the exception of the red & yellow buttons at the left corner.

Found that if I click on the yellow to dock the box then recall it, the dialogue becomes "normal"; a pain but it works. Can't be FF 6.0 as it also happened in FF 5.0.

Not exactly the same situation but it is try & error time.

Julius Caesar
Sep 6, 2011, 05:10 PM
I think I found a solution for this after playing with the scroll settings. Go to Firefox preferences > Advanced > General. Here I have autoscrolling unchecked, smooth scrolling checked, and hardware acceleration checked. I only discovered this a few minutes ago, but I think it works.

I'm using 10.7 Lion on the latest Firefox which is 6.0.2 right now, but I remember having the same problem in 5.0 also. This is all on the MBP trackpad.

Partron22
Sep 6, 2011, 05:20 PM
Firefox preferences > Advanced > General. Here I have autoscrolling unchecked...I just tried that, and it fixed the problem for me.

B737
Sep 6, 2011, 07:51 PM
now you find it!
i already went back to SL lol!

when i do go to lion i hope this fixes it :)

can anyone else confirm?

thank you for posting this!!

ithinkitsnice
Sep 17, 2011, 08:02 PM
FF7 + Lion

Same problem, this did not fix it for me.

Happens on both my MacBook and Mac Pro w/ Magic Mouse.

Julius Caesar
Sep 17, 2011, 09:37 PM
The problem came back for me too. I'm surprise more people haven't noticed and come posting here.

tyzer
Oct 7, 2011, 05:23 PM
did anyone ever find a fix for this problem? i have the exact same problem, on my imac and macbook air

Azathoth
Nov 6, 2011, 07:12 AM
Finally I found some others that have the same problem :-s

I don't have a solution though...

Lee Adama
Nov 6, 2011, 08:35 AM
i think this is an issue on Firefox's side. I've been using Safari and Chrome with no issues. Safari seems smoother on gestures

B737
Nov 6, 2011, 01:28 PM
this was the biggest reason i rolled back to SL from Lion. When this gets resolved i will be more open to going back to Lion.

im surprised this hasnt been resolved yet. its a huge deal esp if you surf a lot of forums. its very frustrating. We shouldnt have to migrate to a new web browser....

JimA99
Jan 31, 2012, 06:06 PM
FWIW, I found that even though the pulldown disappeared with mouseover in Firefox running under Lion on my MacBook, the up/down arrows allowed me to access the pulldown options.

B737
Feb 2, 2012, 09:24 AM
i cannot believe this hasnt be resolved yet...

this is one of the biggest reasons ive rolled back and stayed with SL. i can scroll with the magic pad initially in FF pull-down menus. the up down arrows have always worked for me as well under Lion, its a work around but i wish it would get fixed properly.

B737
Nov 16, 2012, 12:11 PM
can anyone tell me if this issue has been resolved? im starting to think i should update... but dont want to if there are still firefox features that dont work just right...

B737
Nov 27, 2012, 01:21 AM
Just a follow up to my thread...
I upgraded from SL to ML, (i know thats a whole nother thread), but firefox sub menu web scrolling is totally fixed and working normally. whew!

i dig ML too, so far so good!! love the icloud integration.