PDA

View Full Version : Help with iTunes :/

nateo200
Aug 3, 2011, 12:36 PM
I have the latest iTunes (I dislike it but whatever). Anyways Whenever I press the play/pause button or fastforward and rewind iTunes pops up playing whatever even if I completely have it quit out....I want to turn this off because I use VLC for everything and I prefer using the MBP's keyboard to control VLC as VLC supports this. Additionally quick time pops up half the time its just annoying really...anyway to block/shut this off?! :(:confused: Thanks in advance :):apple:

mstrze
Aug 3, 2011, 01:05 PM
I'm really trying to wrap my head around your problem. :confused:

What you have said is that within iTunes, when you press play or pause or FF, you have a different song opening ("playing whatever")? So iTunes starts randomly playing songs whenever you press a button to interact with your music (play, pause, FF, REW)??

I don't understand how VLC and Quicktime play into this problem either???

nateo200
Aug 3, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'm really trying to wrap my head around your problem. :confused:

What you have said is that within iTunes, when you press play or pause or FF, you have a different song opening ("playing whatever")? So iTunes starts randomly playing songs whenever you press a button to interact with your music (play, pause, FF, REW)??

I don't understand how VLC and Quicktime play into this problem either???

iTunes will be closed. Quicktime will be closed. I will have everything closed except a movie playing in VLC. I will click the pause key on the keyboard aka F8 and it will pause VLC! Cool!! Then this will cause iTunes to open and start playing random music or whatever.