PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a G4 zif/cpu/processor for my B&W

notsonic
Aug 3, 2011, 01:31 PM
I bought a cpu on ebay that was listed as a G4.

In the mean time I also bought ram, an ide card, and a new video card.

I got the cpu today only to find out its a G3.

so now I have all these things I wouldnt've otherwise bought.

So, I'm looking for a G4, either one from a yikes or one of the ones from sonnet or owc, etc.

If anyone has one for sale, or knows where to find one let me know (is it ok to solicit sales on this forum?)

also if anyone has the part number for the 400mhz g4 in the yikes model that would be helpful as well.

OrangeSVTguy
Aug 3, 2011, 04:24 PM
To request sales is meant for the Marketplace on this site which you don't have access to yet.

I'd file a "Item not as described" claim to at least get your money back. Good luck on your search!

Check craigslist.com for G4/G3 Macs, they are abundant and cheap!

notsonic
Aug 3, 2011, 04:46 PM
Ah ok. I assumed there must be a market forum here but with new member restrictions.

I can definitely find a Mdd g4 or even g5 cheap at this point. I just wanted to put this g3 to use rather than take up space plus take up more space with another tower.

AdrianK
Aug 3, 2011, 04:48 PM
I just wanted to put this g3 to use rather than take up space plus take up more space with another tower.

Get the G3 recycled (to free up room for new G4/G5)?

notsonic
Aug 3, 2011, 10:08 PM
Get the G3 recycled (to free up room for new G4/G5)?

i guess its a case of i already have it so why not see what it'll do.

definitely not logical. the logical thing would've been to save any money, try to sell this thing, and get an intel mac mini since the only real need i have for osx is ios development and i cant do that on any g3/4/5 anyway.

but if hobbies were logical they wouldn't really be hobbies.