Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pinoy4065

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Every time i boot up into OS X Lion on my MBP my screensaver turns on and since it requires password to unlock screensaver i have to type my password to unlock before i log into my user. Then sometimes when i log into my user the screensaver turns on yet again.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I thought it might be due to me using locktight which enables a shortcut to initiate screensaver. I figureed it might be out of date for lion but i have not heard any other complaints. I also tried disabling it and still got the same problem.

Any thoughts or experiences from anyone are very appreciated. Thx

pinoy4065

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
I have not had any luck thus far. Do you have anything programs installed that trigger the screensaver like i do? Such as Locktight

pinoy4065

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
just to add to the problem i forgot to mention that while using the computer the screensaver will active while im using it.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Report it to Apple as a bug! I'm sure they will fix it in 10.7.1 or 10.7.2

KingMo

macrumors member
May 27, 2010
I started having this EXACT same problem today! It came on as soon as I booted up my laptop and while I'm using it, my screensaver comes on. Since nobody knows what to do, this seems like a rare bug. I think I'm going to take it to the Apple store tomorrow then.

pinoy4065

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Well at least for me I'm not feeling so alone now. Let us know what the genius bar says Kingmo.

djricky305

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
has anyone got a fix for this? My mac starting doing this today... i am very annoyed by it. I cant seem to find any way of disabling it.

djricky305

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
i just found this on another blog:

"It appears to be the result of specific apps, including AirDisplay, LaunchBar, and DisplayPad. I was using AirDisplay.

I just uninstalled AirDisplay (via the uninstall script) and rebooted and the screensaver problem has completely been fixed. Thank goodness."

i also was also using air display uninstalled from utilities menu and screensaver issue is gone. :)

pinoy4065

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Thanks djricky305, i totally missed your post for whatever reason. But great find and tip. I did as u suggested and voila everything is good now. Thanks! ;)

kurzed

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2011
I had a feeling I hated air display

I will make sure to remove Air Display immediately.

Thanks everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.