PDA

View Full Version : "Reopen windows when logging back in"

iPhone1
Aug 3, 2011, 05:35 PM
This box in shut down is the bane of my existence. How do I disable this by default? Is there a script I can run in Terminal?

cinematicme
Aug 3, 2011, 05:36 PM
This box in shut down is the bane of my existence. How do I disable this by default? Is there a script I can run in Terminal?

http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/18/disable-mac-os-x-lion-resume-window-restore/

Hope this helps.

TimSS
Aug 3, 2011, 06:05 PM
Hope this helps.

Even with those settings, the prompt still pops up during logoff, and the checkbox is checked. I'm with the OP; it's annoying.

cinematicme
Aug 3, 2011, 06:12 PM
Even with those settings, the prompt still pops up during logoff, and the checkbox is checked. I'm with the OP; it's annoying.

its supposed to be unchecked.

3bs
Aug 3, 2011, 06:36 PM

I'm still being asked and the box is still checked

emt1
Aug 3, 2011, 06:46 PM
Those are two separate functions. The OP is referring to applications being restored after restart, not after simply closing and reopening an app.

murdercitydevil
Aug 3, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'd like to know this as well. There has to be a plist somewhere that controls whether or not that goddamn check box is checked by default.

Steve's Barber
Aug 3, 2011, 08:12 PM
It's a bug (oversight). The setting just isn't being written. 7.1 should address it so I wouldn't bother with scripts or workarounds.

MartiNZ
Aug 3, 2011, 10:32 PM

I first read this as "It's supposed to be annoying", which seemed like a really good response ... and accurate :D!