PDA

View Full Version : .mac - down hard?

Rower_CPU
Sep 28, 2002, 10:44 PM
Who else is seeing this behavior tonight?

* .mac email down
* .mac server down
* iDisk down

WTF Apple? How much $$$ do you need to run this thing right? :rolleyes:

Rower_CPU
Sep 28, 2002, 10:47 PM
Not even the "Temporarily unavailable" page...

Stike
Sep 28, 2002, 10:58 PM
Perhaps they have closed the server to implement the iSync Mac2Mac feature correctly?

bbarnhart
Sep 28, 2002, 10:59 PM
And I was just trying out Backup. I was starting to think that it didn't download correctly.

BTW: Why doesn't Apple call this iBackup?

Sucks when your software won't run because the server isn't working and you don't really need the server anyway. They should make the .mac checking every month or so. This is stupid.

ryme4reson
Sep 28, 2002, 11:14 PM
Okay I was wondering why my mail was not working. Now I have a reason to be mad, its not "hey the email was free" now I feel more like "I paid 60 bucks for this email, I want it to work ALL THE TIME"

DreaminDirector
Sep 28, 2002, 11:57 PM
Man, I just signed up for .mac this morning (I figure 50 bucks will give me a sense of security with email and alittle storage), and it goes down tonight? What the hell is that all about. Makes me wonder how often they might pull this stuff during the rest of the one and only year I'm signed up with them.

this sucks....

mc68k
Sep 29, 2002, 12:00 AM
Just got 7 mailers about 30 min after my account was succesfully activated again.

Maybe they're getting ready to dump all the freeloaders. We can't bitch yet because it's technically still free. :)

mac15
Sep 29, 2002, 01:02 AM
mine was down also, maybe it was with isync

SilvorX
Sep 29, 2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by mac15
mine was down also, maybe it was with isync
*shakes fist like homer simpson* it better be isync lol :P

RBMaraman
Sep 29, 2002, 10:39 AM
Have you guys ever heard of system maintenance? I don't want to sound mean, but come on, give Apple a break! Sometimes things just aren't accessible. Whatever the reason may be, you just have to deal with it. Besides, on a Saturday night, you should be out partying, not trying to access your iDisk. Get out, get a life, and get of Apple's back.

Rower_CPU
Sep 29, 2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by RBMaraman
Have you guys ever heard of system maintenance? I don't want to sound mean, but come on, give Apple a break! Sometimes things just aren't accessible. Whatever the reason may be, you just have to deal with it. Besides, on a Saturday night, you should be out partying, not trying to access your iDisk. Get out, get a life, and get of Apple's back.

Have you ever heard of consistent outages?

.mac has been very spotty since it was introduced. Apple is not holding up their end of the bargain for a PAY service.

Who cares if it's a Saturday night? How do you know why we're trying to access our iDisk or check email? What if we're doing actual work for a client, or trying to do homework for school?

How about you get a life and not tell us how to run ours? :rolleyes:

szark
Sep 29, 2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by RBMaraman

Any decent service provider should send out warning messages in advance if they know the service will be down for routine maintenance.

tjwett
Sep 29, 2002, 10:15 PM
this is not making me want to sign up at all.