Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Has anyone merged their MobileMe account into iCloud yet? I'm asking this is because I've been using mobile since it first came out and now that I have Lion and iCloud beta. I saw the option to merge my MobileMe account into an iCloud account Which would be the same domain name@me! However, which options am I gonna loose from MobileMe?! It seems to have all the options that I used except iDisk and less mail spaces? amiright? Can someone school me about this? Thanx

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
I am a little surprised that while iCloud documents doesn't support PDFs or picture files, but does apparently support MS Office documents

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
You can't merge them yet, it's only a beta. iDisk, Gallery, iWeb publishing and keychain storage not present in iCloud (currently)

Oh really? I didn't know that since I saw the button merge MobileMe to iCloud I figure I will post something before I click on it! I'm guessing it won't work even if I press on it right?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Wow awesome news for MobileMe users 25GB for free! However, we are gonna loose the ability to sync dashboard widgets, dock items, peferences ect.... oh man I'm using those 3 features the most on all my macs and they all sync nicely! Oh well.
http://9to5mac.com/2011/08/06/mobil...-in-icloud-transition-start-icloud-with-25gb/

While that does sound really good about the extra storage

according to this
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1207520/

after the first year is up you will automatically get charged for the extra space, its only free for first year, so you have to remember to opt out if you don't want it

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
Dammit, they lied. Or were economical with the truth. Looks like rather than 20Gb extra for MobileMe customers you actually get your iDisk quota. So I now have 55Gb to fill with Excel spreadsheets and charts.

glwinkler

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010
Yep.

I followed as suggested - upload the bookmarks from my Mac.

It seems that iCloud backup isn't working.

My address book is showing and iCloud back up. I'm sure I missed some small detail.

What do you mean you uploaded bookmarks? Shouldn't that have happened when I merged?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.