PDA

View Full Version : Missing something in Safari

Maclver
Aug 4, 2011, 08:01 AM
I remember in Snow Leopard when you were in Safari and you had multiple tabs open and you hit CMD Q it would say " you have multiple tabs open are you sure you want to close". Well that is gone in Lion and I really want it back. Does anyone know how to get that back or what I can do (Besides switching browsers.)

Thanks!

Blipp
Aug 4, 2011, 08:08 AM
I think the idea in Lion is that it doesn't really matter. If you close Safari with pages/tabs open it's going to reopen with the same page/tabs next time you start it up. No real need to warn you.

baryon
Aug 4, 2011, 08:39 AM
I think the idea in Lion is that it doesn't really matter. If you close Safari with pages/tabs open it's going to reopen with the same page/tabs next time you start it up. No real need to warn you.

Nope, not if you turned Resume off, like I did. Safari still doesn't warn you about closing multiple tabs and you just lose them without warning. Quite lame indeed.

rdowns
Aug 4, 2011, 08:47 AM
Not running Lion but does the Lion version have a check off box in Preferences>Tabs like the Snow Leopard version does?

baryon
Aug 4, 2011, 09:10 AM
Not running Lion but does the Lion version have a check off box in Preferences>Tabs like the Snow Leopard version does?

Nope, they decided you don't need your tabs anymore.

paulsalter
Aug 4, 2011, 09:16 AM
I think Apple assumes everyone wants to have resume enabled so the above is correct about it re opening how it was when you last closed it

not seen anyway to reenable this feature