PDA

View Full Version : mDNSreponder issues

grahamnp
Aug 4, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

Ever since updating to Lion I've been having mDNSresponder and kernel_task use a combined total of 70-100% CPU load. This doesn't happen with all networks, only when connected to my hostel's network which is one I rely on the most. It also seems to be downloading something at 0.5MB/s but not from the internet because the network requires me to be logged on before I have access and the problem persists even when I am logged off so the traffic must be coming from the network.

I've been looking at the logs in Console and the messages are inconsistent. The most recent one was "resolvesimultaneousprobe" and it seems like my MBP is trying to connect to some Samsung printer being shared on the network. It is mentioned somewhere on the Apple support forums that this was caused (for another person) by a network printer and disconnecting it helped but obviously, I can't disconnect some unknown person's printer. Having said all of that, this is the first time I've seen that message and yesterday it was a DNS lookup error.

I've tried reinstalling Lion but no result. I can't downgrade to SL because I need Lion for uni work.

Can anybody help? Thanks.