PDA

View Full Version : Apple WILL Refund Your Money For Lion

tom5304
Aug 4, 2011, 04:17 PM
I emailed a refund request to Apple two days ago, and this morning I received a reply that said Apple will reverse the $29.99 for Lion.

In my email I listed the several bugs that made Lion defective on my machine, including broken Wifi, running much hotter with louder fans, and general lagginess and delayed input responses.

I'm not going to respond to this thread, because I know the fanboys will be on the attack. I just want people to know that in my case, a polite and detailed email to Apple got my money back on the buggy nightmare that Lion was for me.

alust2013
Aug 4, 2011, 04:18 PM
good to know. I'm glad I didn't upgrade straight away, sounds like it's really buggy.

kim2272
Aug 4, 2011, 04:27 PM
I've had several issues with lion as well and really want to revert back. What is the email address you contacted? Thanks

phpmaven
Aug 4, 2011, 05:32 PM
good to know. I'm glad I didn't upgrade straight away, sounds like it's really buggy.

It's not any "buggier" than any other OS release. Those having issues would be better off contacting Apple about fixing whatever issues they are having as opposed to asking for a refund. Their customer support is stellar and I'm sure that most of these issues would be resolved if you gave them the chance.

AbeFroman77
Aug 4, 2011, 05:44 PM
It's not any "buggier" than any other OS release. Those having issues would be better off contacting Apple about fixing whatever issues they are having as opposed to asking for a refund. Their customer support is stellar and I'm sure that most of these issues would be resolved if you gave them the chance.

Freezing the whole system from playing a video is pretty major. Only way that's going to be fixed is for me to wait for an update with that specific fix.

Focker
Aug 4, 2011, 07:04 PM
Freezing the whole system from playing a video is pretty major. Only way that's going to be fixed is for me to wait for an update with that specific fix.

This is the most annoying bug for me. It's happened to me a couple times now and it's really irritating.

xkmxkmxlmx
Aug 4, 2011, 07:24 PM
It has happened to me a total of 7 times now. I have submitted to Apple support.

It is annoying as hell and I won't even watch videos at this point.

chillvisio
Aug 4, 2011, 10:20 PM
iOS Lion 10.7.0 one of the buggiest .0 releases since 10.0.0. I feel somewhat lucky that I've tried its GM for two hours a few days before the official release date. This helped me to avoid headaches and loosing precious time to contact Apple for refund.
I am so happy for every one of you how got his refund on this release. $30 is a nice dinner with your girlfriend :)

donw35
Aug 4, 2011, 11:06 PM
what type of movies are you watching and with what application ?

I only ask as I have had no issues watching movies

canadianpj
Aug 4, 2011, 11:16 PM
iOS Lion 10.7.0 one of the buggiest .0 releases since 10.0.0. I feel somewhat lucky that I've tried its GM for two hours a few days before the official release date. This helped me to avoid headaches and loosing precious time to contact Apple for refund.
I am so happy for every one of you how got his refund on this release. $30 is a nice dinner with your girlfriend :)

"one of the buggiest" is a matter of opinion really I guess. I'm on a mid 2010 Macbook Pro and have no issues since my upgrade, I have a 2008 Mac Pro and have had no issues with that machine either. I'm happy those have had issues are getting money back, but the OS is not the disaster people are making it out to be.

Skoal
Aug 4, 2011, 11:20 PM
I hate to say this because I love my Apple stuff but really, when was the last time they released something that "just works"? Lion is fun to use when it works as advertised but if this was ready for prime time then ouch. I've seen the spinning beachball more in the last week since my Lion download than I have in the last 10 years I've owned Apple gear.

Eagerly awaiting an update......or 4!

AbeFroman77
Aug 4, 2011, 11:29 PM
"one of the buggiest" is a matter of opinion really I guess. I'm on a mid 2010 Macbook Pro and have no issues since my upgrade, I have a 2008 Mac Pro and have had no issues with that machine either. I'm happy those have had issues are getting money back, but the OS is not the disaster people are making it out to be.

Try telling that to people with 2011 iMacs preinstalled with Lion.

h4lp m3
Aug 4, 2011, 11:59 PM

They're all buggy at first, the problem is that THIS ONE is REALLY buggy and there should have been a software update in the first week.

Now there's talk that Apple just skipped 10.7.1 and seeded 10.7.2 to developers, so we'll be waiting another 2 weeks for an update.

Meanwhile, I got the Lion printer update today from HP (of all people).