PDA

View Full Version : iCal categories

rgarcia1801
Aug 4, 2011, 05:23 PM
Hi,

I would like to use iCal for work but the fact that I can't categorize my meetings and/or appointment makes it somehow useless for me. If you have ever used Outlook calendar, you may have noticed that you can create categories such as business, personal, etc so when you setup a meeting it show with the color assigned to that category.

Please note that I am not trying to add more calendars but work with the ones I have by classifying my meetings and/or appointments by categories.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :rolleyes:

pbrooks
Aug 4, 2011, 06:29 PM
Go to File > New Calendar to create a new calendar. You can name it whatever you want. Repeat as necessary until you have as many different calendars as you need. You can also rename existing default calendars by right-clicking on the calendars in the existing calendar list. Click Get Info... in the pop-up menu that appears.

vix2000
Nov 26, 2011, 06:31 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does this having to create a new calendar for every different category of event not complicate things if it syncs with another base? As the OP I only want to highlight similar events in the same colour on my one calendar. Thanks