PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS5 unstable in Lion

Mork
Aug 4, 2011, 05:50 PM
Now I'm having issues with Photoshop CS5 (version 12.0.4, the latest version for the Mac) crashing right after it loads.

In true "Windows" fashion, the solution is to reboot Lion where Photoshop will stay up again.

Sigh....another Lion stability issue.

(Winzip for the mac also has an issue where it refuses to quit forcing me to do a FORCE QUIT to get it to shut down.)

Anyone else having this (or these) problem(s)?

Thanks,

-- M

GaresTaylan
Aug 4, 2011, 06:05 PM
Nope - working fine for me. Had it installed on my machine since day one with Lion.

Lokheed
Aug 4, 2011, 06:19 PM
Could be a plug-in or a bad font. I've had Ps fail to load due to a bad font. Run Font Book and validate your fonts. Also check the Consol for the crash log and see where it's choking. May also look at your brushes/patterns, etc.

As above, mine is working. Some glitches here and there (mostly with the selection tools) but it hasn't crashed. I run it pretty vanilla though.

sweetbrat
Aug 4, 2011, 07:52 PM
Could be a plug-in or a bad font. I've had Ps fail to load due to a bad font. Run Font Book and validate your fonts. Also check the Consol for the crash log and see where it's choking. May also look at your brushes/patterns, etc.

As above, mine is working. Some glitches here and there (mostly with the selection tools) but it hasn't crashed. I run it pretty vanilla though.

I'm only on CS4, so I can't contribute much, but I will say that I've had problems with bad fonts causing Photoshop not to load in the past. Whenever I have a problem with it loading, that's the first thing I check.