Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
it just happened on my macbook air running lion. to make them work again, i had to close the lid and open it again. weird. lion bug or issue with my laptop?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
It's probably a bug if you've never had it happen when running previous versions of OS X. I myself have not experienced this problem.

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
The same thing happens to me if I also have a wireless Logitech MX 3200 keyboard attached, with the receiver through the USB port. All I do is press the power button and the keyboard and trackpad come back. This is on a MacBook 4,1.

FNH15

Last edited:

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Yep, my keyboard stops responding on a daily basis. Putting it to sleep and waking it again fixes the problem, it's very annoying! When the keyboard isn't responding, I can still use Alt and other modifier keys as far as I can remember, but I can't type anywhere.

I have no problems with my trackpad, however.

The Bronx Bull

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
I had a similar problem, but it only seemed to be happening in Pages and a couple other apps. The culprit was the "Better Touch Tool" (which I love)... the fix is that there is an update out for it; select the Better Touch Tool icon and go to "Check for updates." That solved my problem..

tonka2

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2007
Florida
If you also have a USB in your keyboard for a mouse, then this might help:

I saw a post in another forum here where one person removed the usb drive for their MX mouse and it fixed it. About an hour ago I also removed the usb drive that was in my keyboard, then tried a Restart, and happy to say it started fine and without a problem. Now, mind you, this was just one Restart but I am thinking that was my problem. I should note every time before on Restart I would get a popup saying they couldn't find my "keyboard," which is wired but had the mouse USB in it. And I guess that is what it was referring to, that it couldn't find my mouse.

petegas

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Just happened on my brand new MBP running lion for the first time, and it was shortly (not immediately) after the battery ran out and it woke up from hibernation after I plugged it in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.