PDA

View Full Version : Remote desktop NOT screen sharing

Neo4
Aug 4, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hi,

Doesn't the iPad has any app for remote desktop that on My mac DON'T show on the screen what I'm doing on my iPad? Like showing the login screen only on the Mac.

And Like windows do it, on the screen of my windows 7 pc it don't show what I'm doing on my iPad with a remote desktop connection !

Thanks

jaseone
Aug 4, 2011, 09:32 PM
I think you would at least need Apple Remote Desktop - http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/ on your Mac to be able to do that but I've never really looked into it and don't know if there are even any apps that can connect to it.

TEG
Aug 4, 2011, 09:34 PM
Not really. Apple uses VNC for remote desktop/screen sharing, which allows you to share what you are doing with people looking at the screen. It isn't designed like Microsofts RDC which allows you to remotely access a desktop but doesn't display what is going on locally.

TEG

Neo4
Aug 5, 2011, 08:07 AM
I've read that now lion support remote desktop without sharing screen if another user is using the Mac, different from your user.

But this is bad because if I use my Mac remotely everyone can see what I'm doing and use my Mac because it is unlocked! Windows is better in this matter, it allows both solutions