Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h4lp m3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
New Orleans
Like many of you, I have grown accustomed to the 2-finger swipe to navigate back and fourth in webpages in Snow Leopard... Apparently, Apple didn't think anyone would miss that kind of control over your web browser so they switched the 2-finger guestures to scroll between "Desktops" or whatever it's called.

THE PROBLEM: It's that's it's sort of a good idea. Oh one hand, you want to swipe through dektops and the next minute you want to go back a page in your browser. Okay, I have 2 ideas:

1) you could swipe while holding a key and it would do different things. This may already be possible, but I couldn't find where to program it in the system preferences.
2) you click with one finger and you scroll with the other. It sounds hard but it's not- especially if you use your thumb and forefinger like you were pinching on an iPhone or iPad. That should totally be a feature! :)

Maybe I just need to ditch the mouse and buy a magico trackpad, I don't know. :confused:

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
To gain the old function back, hold down the option key while swiping with two fingers.

FNH15

imMango

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
I don't get it.

My back/forward in Safari is 2 finger swipes whilst back/forward spaces is 4 finger swipes. (and then three finger swipes to change tabs using BTT).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.