PDA

View Full Version : Lion won't clean install for me

rcklindave
Aug 5, 2011, 01:37 AM
I downloaded lion today on my Mac pro 4.1 running the latest snow leopard, proceeded to burn the install dmg to a USB stick as per the instructions here.
When I go to install it I get the usual screens asking about language, license, and where do I want to install, I get a screen saying downloading additional components your computer will reboot it downloads and reboots be back to the language screen and when I try to content it tells me my install disk is corrupt and can't continue. I've tried several different disks to install to and burned the install.dmg file to DVD and small hard disk with no difference..
I'm out of ideas any help would be appreciated..
Thanksa

Blue Sun
Aug 5, 2011, 02:39 AM
Have you formatted your install drive to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"?

phobox
Aug 5, 2011, 03:22 AM
Ensure the usb stick is formatted with the GPT partition scheme in Disk Utility before you burn the image onto it. Most usb drives are formatted with the MBR partition scheme which can cause issues with OSX.

rcklindave
Aug 5, 2011, 10:13 AM
No I dont think thats it, i tried clean installing it with a USB key, a dvd i made and even a spard hard disk i formatted and restored using disk utility, then out of desperation i loaded snow leopard on my disk copied the lion update folder over and told it to update.. no go same result downloaded additional componets reboots back to the initial install screen and tells me my copy is damaged and can continue..

chemistry76
Aug 5, 2011, 11:53 AM
Try redownloading lion from the app store?

robgendreau
Aug 5, 2011, 01:07 PM
Um, I'd just restore your SL from backup and install the normal way.

Rob

heisenberg123
Mar 15, 2012, 08:47 PM
i was having this issue it was driving me crazy tried internet recovery, usb recovery, dvd recovery, right off the MAS download and I was always getting this message.

I read somewhere someone was getting this error and they fixed it by putting the original RAM back in, i tried and it actually worked, so anyone getting this error not on their original RAM give it a try