PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV tells me my Apple ID is wrong. It is not.

MrCatMan
Aug 5, 2011, 05:38 AM
Apple TV 2.

Anyone experienced this and know how to fix it.?

Won't accept homeshare or connect to iTunes, so is currently useless.

Making me a little irritated.

Macman45
Aug 5, 2011, 05:40 AM
Your username and password ( username usually email address) can be diddly on the ATVs remote.

You could try re setting the device to factory default, then update and try again.

From A Buick 8
Aug 5, 2011, 05:44 AM
Your username and password ( username usually email address) can be diddly on the ATVs remote.

You could try re setting the device to factory default, then update and try again.

This should fix it.

tileg
Aug 5, 2011, 10:14 AM

I tried this and the AT2 is now hanging at reboot. There's just an apple on my tv screen...

tileg
Aug 5, 2011, 10:40 AM
I restored via usb and iTunes and I still have the same issue as OP.

MrCatMan
Aug 6, 2011, 01:17 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Password is correct. As is user name. Have restored. Same problem persists.

Any other suggestions?

spacepower7
Aug 6, 2011, 02:35 AM
Do you have an _underscore_ in your email address? Awhile back, I had to change my Netflix email address on the Appletv 2 and netflix website because it could not deal with an underscore in my login.

al256
Aug 6, 2011, 03:13 AM
Sometimes I type in my MobileMe address instead of my Apple ID... Just a thought.