PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Lion is sucking for me!

Zord
Aug 5, 2011, 10:20 AM
Ever since I upgraded to Lion my MBA freezes constantly. This only happens while I'm using the Safari or Opera Browsers. The mouse cursor stops working and then this grey message rolls down from the top of the screen and says I need to restart my computer. Happens every 10-15 minutes!

I'm also getting a pop up on start up that says "URL's with the word File in them are not supported"

What should I do??

Thanks

maflynn
Aug 5, 2011, 10:22 AM
What should I do??

Thanks
One option is to downgrade.

Zord
Aug 5, 2011, 10:41 AM
One option is to downgrade.

I've defiantly thought of going that route. I was just hoping for a fix. . . If one exist that is.

spudwaffle
Aug 5, 2011, 10:47 AM
Try all these things:

Repair Disk Permissions
Reset PRAM and NVRAM
Empty your trash (seriously, I had 500,000 items in it)
Wait a while (spotlight may still be indexing)
Restart
Try a clean install (then restore from time machine)

gentlefury
Aug 5, 2011, 10:50 AM
If its only happening while browsing, do you have any 3rd party extensions that could be causing it? I noticed click2flash is causing the tab bar in full screen to stick to all desktops for some reason, then if you quit safari it doesn't resume.

robgendreau
Aug 5, 2011, 01:04 PM
I'd also try resetting Safari and Opera, and emptying caches.

And try booting with no outside connections; it sounds like something installed on your mac is trying to access a url that it can't reach. You could open Console and look at the logs and see what's going on. Some applications do things like look for updates, and since they're running in the background they aren't immediately obvious.

Try making a new account, and restarting in safe mode, and running safari to see if the problem continues.

Zord
Aug 24, 2011, 08:05 PM
Ok, I have fixed the "URL" issue. But my MBA is still crashing often. . Especially on Flash based websites.

Is this just something i'm gonna have to get used to until they issue a fix for the Flash problems??

Taz Mangus
Aug 24, 2011, 09:17 PM
Ok, I have fixed the "URL" issue. But my MBA is still crashing often. . Especially on Flash based websites.

Is this just something i'm gonna have to get used to until they issue a fix for the Flash problems??

Make sure you are using the Flash beta 11 version.

phpmaven
Aug 24, 2011, 09:19 PM
Ever since I upgraded to Lion my MBA freezes constantly. This only happens while I'm using the Safari or Opera Browsers. The mouse cursor stops working and then this grey message rolls down from the top of the screen and says I need to restart my computer. Happens every 10-15 minutes!

I'm also getting a pop up on start up that says "URL's with the word File in them are not supported"

What should I do??

Thanks

We're not dealing with a beta OS now people. Call Apple or better yet, take it to the Apple store. Let them figure out what the problem is.

xraydoc
Aug 24, 2011, 09:24 PM
Clean install. Lion on 5 different machines here without a problem.