PDA

View Full Version : apogee duet vs duet 2

sotorious
Aug 5, 2011, 11:37 AM
whats the diff any pros or cons to either? seems like 1 is firewire while 2 is usb.

Luap
Aug 5, 2011, 12:19 PM
Google. It's pretty good ;)
http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet2.php#chart

Papanate
Aug 5, 2011, 04:26 PM
Some more ins and outs and metering. Apogee compare it on their website...look it up.

I'm sure USB is okay these days...

sotorious
Aug 5, 2011, 04:55 PM
Some more ins and outs and metering. Apogee compare it on their website...look it up.

I'm sure USB is okay these days...

Yea I just saw that a 2 was out. Are the A/D converters pretty good on this? I know apogee makes one of the best converters.

musio
Aug 6, 2011, 08:15 AM
big difference even listening to music for me. Depends if you're an audiophile or not. DAC improvement was worth it for me

sotorious
Aug 6, 2011, 08:25 AM
big difference even listening to music for me. Depends if you're an audiophile or not. DAC improvement was worth it for me

I am just used to controlling everything from a box and and i feel like it will get annoying to keep having to press in the button to switch between modes, but if the quality is that much better i wouldnt mind it.

I was also looking into getting an SM7B and needed at least 75db of clean gain, and they were saying this one, while my focusrite saffire 6 usb only has 60.

peglegjack
Aug 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
I am just used to controlling everything from a box and and i feel like it will get annoying to keep having to press in the button to switch between modes, but if the quality is that much better i wouldnt mind it.

I was also looking into getting an SM7B and needed at least 75db of clean gain, and they were saying this one, while my focusrite saffire 6 usb only has 60.

It has 75. I'm about to get that mic too, and people have commented on how well they work together due to the quality of the preamp.

alq
Sep 9, 2011, 12:58 AM
I had the Duet1, now I'm using the Duet2.
Everything works just great as it should.
The main difference is indeed the second stereo output, which makes it a perfect interface for DJing.

alq.

thelead
Sep 10, 2011, 11:49 PM
I found the sound to be hyped but clear. If I didn't have problems with it on Lion, I probably would have kept it.