PDA

View Full Version : 4 MacBook Airs in 10 days!!!

qwerf123
Aug 5, 2011, 11:56 AM
Am I the only one facing issues getting a fully working 13" MBA as expected without any problems?

The first one I got had a faulty track pad,

The 2nd was over heating and the display was not working properly,

And the third was making a buzzing sound each time the trackpad was used.

Just got my forth and hopefully my last one now! Will be able to check it later so hopefully I'll be lucky

Is anyone else facing issues with the quality of their new 2011 MacBooks Airs?

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 01:05 PM
Am I the only one facing issues getting a fully working 13" MBA as expected without any problems?

Just got my forth and hopefully my last one now! Will be able to check it later so hopefully I'll be lucky

You are the most ridiculous Apple costumer I've ever seen. Returning a laptop 4 times over the most insignificant problems. The Apple store should ban you, and even consider suing you for this nonsense!

Hans Brix
Aug 5, 2011, 01:16 PM
If these were indeed the real issues, I don't think returns were unwarranted.

KPOM
Aug 5, 2011, 01:27 PM
I was in a similar situation with my 2010 MacBook Air. The first one was replaced after 2 days because it wouldn't wake from sleep (it had a bad logic board). Then the second one kept getting kernel panics (it was getting them at least twice a week). It was repaired and the kernel panics went away, but then it had a stuck pixel. At that point I sold it on eBay and bought an 11" that was trouble free until I sold it for my 2011, which (knock on wood) appears trouble free right now.

idroid84
Aug 5, 2011, 01:37 PM
You are the most ridiculous Apple costumer I've ever seen. Returning a laptop 4 times over the most insignificant problems. The Apple store should ban you, and even consider suing you for this nonsense!

I'm confused. Why you 2 saying this when the problems that the OP had are faulty track pad, display was not working properly and buzzing sound. Yes these problems should be replaced as they are hardware faults.

GeekOFComedy
Aug 5, 2011, 01:37 PM
Those issues deserve to return the product after spending all that money.

Was yours a BTO?

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm confused. Why you 2 saying this when the problems that the OP had are faulty track pad, display was not working properly and buzzing sound. Yes these problems should be replaced as they are hardware faults.

Faulty trackpad and buzzing sound are things that could be easily repaired by a genius, but this scammer would rather force Apple to lose out on over $5,000 by returning laptops that cannot be resold! I'm willing to bet he has four $100 app store gift cards now too!

bookwormsy
Aug 5, 2011, 01:40 PM

How is a faulty trackpad, and display and a buzzing insignificant? Banning and suing for wanting a working product? What crap is going through your mind? :confused:

BTW ive seen and heard of many people exchanging their stuff for much less.

KPOM
Aug 5, 2011, 01:52 PM
It looks like this person had issues, too.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1206412

tekkietekkie
Aug 5, 2011, 01:56 PM
Faulty trackpad and buzzing sound are things that could be easily repaired by a genius, but this scammer would rather force Apple to lose out on over $5,000 by returning laptops that cannot be resold! I'm willing to bet he has four $100 app store gift cards now too!

and how do you know he didnt take it back to an apple store and they gave him another laptop instead of fixing it, either way these are all legit issues if I had gotten 2 bad ones in a row I would have told them to stick it and give me my money back

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 02:00 PM
and how do you know he didnt take it back to an apple store and they gave him another laptop instead of fixing it, either way these are all legit issues if I had gotten 2 bad ones in a row I would have told them to stick it and give me my money back

so you're suggesting he actually took the time to go to 3 genius bar appointments. Lets be realistic, he is obviously trying to scam Apple by returning MacBook Airs, getting his money back and returning to the store and buying a new one; getting another $100 App Store gift card!

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 02:04 PM

You are confused. Hans Brix's comment means that the OP did have good reasons to return those MBAs for new ones.

And I agree.....if I bought a MBA, and I experienced those issues, I would have taken it back to the Apple Store until I was given one that worked properly.

CaliforniaKing: wtf are you talking about?:rolleyes:

mak713
Aug 5, 2011, 02:06 PM
If you replace your laptop for a genuine reason, they don't give you a Mac App Store Gift Card every single time.

h00ligan
Aug 5, 2011, 02:07 PM

Yah, what's with all the apple d-riding lately. Jeebus.

Bob Coxner
Aug 5, 2011, 02:07 PM

What do you mean can't be resold? Where the hell are the thousands of refurbs for sale coming from? At prices not all that lower than new. Apple has 40% profit margins. I think it can survive a few returns that are then resold for a bit less than new ones.

You don't get another gift card when you make a return.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 02:08 PM
If you replace your laptop for a genuine reason, they don't give you a Mac App Store Gift Card every single time.

Mak

Yes they would. If the money was returned back onto his credit card, he could easily just purchase another, probably even under the same name and Apple would most likely never even notice!

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 02:10 PM
Yes they would. If the money was returned back onto his credit card, he could easily just purchase another, probably even under the same name and Apple would most likely never even notice!

That's not how it works.:rolleyes:

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 02:13 PM
That's not how it works.:rolleyes:

then please explain how it works. When you return Mac to Apple, you are given a full refund! You are then free to do whatever you want with that money. So what is stopping someone from purchasing another Mac and benefiting from another App Store gift card. Apple does not require you to return the gift card along with the laptop!

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 02:15 PM
then please explain how it works. When you return Mac to Apple, you are given a full refund! You are then free to do whatever you want with that money. So what is stopping someone from purchasing another Mac and benefiting from another App Store gift card. Apple does not require you to return the gift card along with the laptop!

Okay, it's pretty simple:

They don't refund and recharge you for anything. Apple just gives you a new machine to replace the defective one.

mac jones
Aug 5, 2011, 02:17 PM

Geesh, what gigantic bug crawled up your canal? :D

The guy had legitimate issues. He should be commended for perseverance.

He's a cedit to the Apple community. He's my hero :)

(he deserves a free T-shirt at least) :D

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 02:18 PM
Okay, it's pretty simple:

They don't refund and recharge you for anything. Apple just gives you a new machine to replace the defective one.

You can request a refund rather than a replacement!
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4900/screenshot20110805at317.png

Fernandez21
Aug 5, 2011, 02:20 PM

They require you to return the gift card, and if you don't they will charge you the $100, quit being an @$$.

NameUndecided
Aug 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
Yikes. Strange how some people are making the assumption that he's scamming the apple store rather than that he's just honestly had the bad luck that he described. Whether the complaints were legitimate or not is up in the air - only qwerf has firsthand knowledge of the situation - but it could easily go either way.

If I had these issues on a new computer and the only/best solution that I knew of was to take them to the apple store and mention the problems, then that's what I would do too. The apple store people aren't going to trade in a third/fourth new Air if they know how to easily fix the problem and the computer isn't actually faulty.

Blame and sue a customer for returning a product (after the return was granted, even)? How terrible are you / would you be at running a business? Or working in customer service or in retail? Or not being a batshˇt crazy person?

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
You can request a refund rather than a replacement!
Image (http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4900/screenshot20110805at317.png)

So what? The OP wanted and got a replacement. He didn't mention once that he got a refund and then bought another MBA. Where are you getting any of this from?:confused:

I guarantee you that if you try to return a Mac that came with a $100 App Store gift card, you'll have to return the gift card as well (or pay the difference). How dumb do you think Apple is?

You are clearly no king of CA.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 02:24 PM
So what? The OP wanted and got a replacement. He didn't mention once that he got a refund and then bought another MBA. Where are you getting any of this from?:confused:

I guarantee you that if you try to return a Mac that came with a $100 App Store gift card, you'll have to return the gift card as well (or pay the difference). How dumb do you think Apple is?

Pretty dumb! I purchased a MBA and got the App Store gift card. Nowhere on my receipt does it say anything about the card. So Apple has no way of knowing if you received a gift card or not.

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 02:28 PM
Pretty dumb! I purchased a MBA and got the App Store gift card. Nowhere on my receipt does it say anything about the card. So Apple has no way of knowing if you received a gift card or not.

Just because it's not printed on your receipt, doesn't mean Apple doesn't know that you got the gift card. I guarantee it's noted on your account. Plus, the date of your purchase is known to Apple, and they know when they ran that promotion.

You're really grasping at straws, CPK.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 02:30 PM
Just because it's not printed on your receipt, doesn't mean Apple doesn't know that you got the gift card. I guarantee it's noted on your account. Plus, the date of your purchase is known to Apple, and they know when they ran that promotion.

You're really grasping at straws, CPK.

If he visits an Apple store and purchases a new MBA, they will have no knowledge of his existing online account. He could remain completely anonymous. Even if he purchases it online, how easy would it be for him to simply create a new account!

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 02:32 PM
If he visits an Apple store and purchases a new MBA, they will have no knowledge of his existing online account. He could remain completely anonymous. Even if he purchases it online, how easy would it be for him to simply create a new account!

What are you talking about? The MBA's serial number is associated with the purchaser's account. They know who they sold it to.

NameUndecided
Aug 5, 2011, 02:39 PM
You seem to be constructing a pretty detailed scheme, CK. Maybe you could try it out and let us all know how it works out?

Adgeman
Aug 5, 2011, 02:41 PM

Where does the OP say he got the $100 card? Nowhere does he suggest he's eligible for the education discount. If I'd spent $1400 on a laptop I'm damn sure I'd make sure I got a perfect one rather than settle for one with the issues he describes.

NameUndecided
Aug 5, 2011, 02:49 PM
"I am outraged and legitimately pissed off that somebody might hypothetically commit this type of fraud that I am currently making a detailed outline of!"

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 02:50 PM
"I am outraged and legitimately pissed off that somebody might hypothetically commit this type of fraud that I am currently making a detailed outline of!"

I'm writing a detailed letter to Apple about this type of fraudulent behavior!

tekkietekkie
Aug 5, 2011, 02:54 PM

you need to lay off the weed and put your tinfoil hat back on man lol

maril1111
Aug 5, 2011, 02:56 PM

Lol WTF, the things you are saying are probably the most retarded exclamations, I have red online, I hope its you who gets banned from the Apple Store as that would give me a good laugh and make up for all the bandwidth you wasted with writing these nonsense replied.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:01 PM
Lol WTF, the things you are saying are probably the most retarded exclamations, I have red online, I hope its you who gets banned from the Apple Store as that would give me a good laugh and make up for all the bandwidth you wasted with writing these nonsense replied.

Because Apple would ban me for helping them prevent scam artists like this costing them thousands of dollars! *confused face*

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 03:03 PM
Because Apple would ban me for helping them prevent scam artists like this costing them thousands of dollars! *confused face*

Give it a rest already.:rolleyes:

There is no proof anywhere in this thread that shows that qwerf123 is anything but an unlucky customer.

Go play outside.

iZeeshan
Aug 5, 2011, 03:03 PM

You seriously have to be joking. No one is this stupid.

eckthroi
Aug 5, 2011, 03:05 PM

Look, nobody really cares about your opinion. I have not read a single comment where someone voiced support on your standing. So stop bothering people already and go cry in another thread.

Jeeze you truly are a DramaQueen er er er...I mean California King.

maril1111
Aug 5, 2011, 03:08 PM

Just show us the Proof that the OP did exactly that, and scammed apple, otherwise go play outside or with your barbie dollhouse but your concepts and other threads are seriously messed up. :confused:

JSalig
Aug 5, 2011, 03:11 PM
I know for a fact that if you return a macbook air you bought from the apple store and received the gift card they deactivate the gift card before giving you an RMA number and shipping label.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:13 PM
I know for a fact that if you return a macbook air you bought from the apple store and received the gift card they deactivate the gift card before giving you an RMA number and shipping label.

He obviously would spend the gift card balance first!

petvas
Aug 5, 2011, 03:14 PM

I think you have been very unlucky! My MBA is perfect :)

I hope the 4th MBA will be perfect for you too.

The Catalyst
Aug 5, 2011, 03:15 PM
Nope. I've only purchased one MBA and it worked beautifully right out of the box. Maybe I'm just lucky, time to go buy a lottery ticket. :cool:

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 03:16 PM
^^^^What's the point of your post? To brag? To make the OP feel bad? Good for you.:rolleyes:

He obviously would spend the gift card balance first!

Then they would require him to pay the $100 back if he wanted to return it for a refund.

Seriously, why is this so hard for you?

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:20 PM
Like I said, they have no way of knowing if he even received a gift card. These are promotional items, they are simply given away to students who purchase a Mac! After that, Apple no longer has any control over them. People used to do the same scam with the free iPod Touch!

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 03:21 PM
Get a life! Like I said, they have no way of knowing if he even received a gift card. These are promotional items, they are simply given away to students! After that, Apple no longer has any control over them.

Yes they do. See here:

Have you grasped any straws yet? It doesn't appear that way......

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:22 PM
Yes they do. See here:

Have you grasped any straws yet? It doesn't appear that way......

any proof?

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 03:24 PM
any proof?

Besides his post, none at the tips of my fingers. But it actually makes sense. Do you have any proof for your nonsense?

A simple call to 1-800-MYAPPLE will give you all the proof you need.

maril1111
Aug 5, 2011, 03:27 PM
any proof?

We have asked you for your proof repetitively as til now you have not given us any so as long as you don't provide your proof I will not believe your BS and JSalig has been a member longer than you aswell so pics or keep your trap shut,

Guys is there a way to get him banned cuz he is giving me a headache

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:28 PM
Besides his post, none at the tips of my fingers. But it actually makes sense. Do you have any proof for your nonsense?

A simple call to 1-800-MYAPPLE will give you all the proof you need.

I don't need proof, its common sense. When you buy a item at a grocery store for example and it comes with a free sample or coupon booklet attached to it. Do you honestly think they will deny you a return because you didn't return it with the extras?

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 03:30 PM
I don't need proof, its common sense. When you buy a item at a grocery store for example and it comes with a free sample or coupon booklet attached to it. Do you honestly think they will deny you a return because you didn't return it with the extras?

Call 1-800-MYAPPLE

Ask them.

aluren
Aug 5, 2011, 03:30 PM
Get a life! Like I said, they have no way of knowing if he even received a gift card. These are promotional items, they are simply given away to students who purchase a Mac! After that, Apple no longer has any control over them. People used to do the same scam with the free iPod Touch!

A $100 Mac app store credit is probably worth less to Apple than the mechanisms they want to put in place to control it to the extent that you are dreaming about.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:31 PM
A $100 Mac app store credit is probably worth less to Apple than the mechanisms they want to put in place to control it to the extent that you are dreaming about.

Well theoretically a person could walk away with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of App Store gift cards by doing this scam enough times!

Call 1-800-MYAPPLE

Ask them.

I've never seen someone as ignorant as you online! You're just embarrassing yourself! Why would I waste my time calling Apple to ask them such ludicrous questions? If you're so concerned why don't you call them yourself and post your response!

Adgeman
Aug 5, 2011, 03:35 PM
Well theoretically a person could walk away with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of App Store gift cards by doing this scam enough times!

There's no theory about it but he would have to do it at least one thousand times though. I've got a feeling someone may notice.

Anyway; you must be pleased. You've managed to troll your way to three pages.

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 03:37 PM
^^^Only two pages for me.......40 posts/page.:p

I've never seen someone as ignorant as you online! You're just embarrassing yourself! Why would I waste my time calling Apple to ask them such ludicrous questions? If you're so concerned why don't you call them yourself and post your response!

Why am I ignorant, because I'm directing you to the place that will provide you with the proof you're looking for?

Why are you wasting your time here instead of calling Apple?

I'm not concerned.....I'm just finding this extremely entertaining.

calvol
Aug 5, 2011, 03:43 PM
Wow, refurbs are going to be showing up on Apple's website sooner than later. If people continue to abuse this policy, it's going to force Apple to start charging a restock fee like Best Buy recently did.

Hellhammer
Aug 5, 2011, 03:43 PM
MOD NOTE

Keep the discussion civil. Many posts have been deleted and edited to remove rule violations. This thread will be closed if the situation does not get any better. Please review the Forum Rules.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:44 PM
Wow, refurbs are going to be showing up on Apple's website sooner than later. If people continue to abuse this policy, it's going to force Apple to start charging a restock fee like Best Buy recently did.

Apple already removed their restocking fee in January. It would be illegal for them to reinstate it!

aluren
Aug 5, 2011, 03:45 PM

Yeah and theoretically you can print a bunch of fake money hoping that no one catches you when you pay...

Don't you think each Apple store monitors all return items? How many Apple stores do you have to go to and excuses to come up with for the returns to make that possible?

Just calm down dude, Apple's money is not your money. Of all the Apple scams I've seen (worse of which was the iTunes gift cards cracked and $100 cards were sold for $2), Apple still manages to make record profits.

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 03:45 PM

I assume you'r referring to the OP. Please explain how he abused Apple's return policy.

If there was something wrong with his purchase, he should be able to return it for a unit that isn't defective. All of the issues that the OP described sound legitimate. If the reps at Apple didn't think he deserved a replacement, they wouldn't have given them to him.

MOD NOTE

Keep the discussion civil. Many posts have been deleted and edited to remove rule violations. This thread will be closed if the situation does not get any better. Please review the Forum Rules.

I, for one, think that you should close this thread. Nothing constructive can come out of it at this point.

iZeeshan
Aug 5, 2011, 03:48 PM
Apple already removed their restocking fee in January. It would be illegal for them to reinstate it again!

I don't understand. You're giving everyone a headache and no one has agreed with you.

Apple isn't so stupid as to just $100 gift cards get away.

When I bought my MBA, I asked the rep of the return policy. He said 14 days. Then I said what about the gift card, and I quote, he said:

"You will also have to return the gift card. If you have already used it or activated it, you will receive a refund minus the $100."

On my receipt, it says that I received a gift card.

I'm sure if this was a legit scam that could be run, it would have happened already. But, it hasn't.

And as for the OP, what joy would he get from complaining about 4 MBAs that he posts on a forum if the only reason he did it was to get 4 $100 gift cards.

I can't believe I actually spent time out of my day to respond to your nonsense, but because it was actually bothering me, I have.

I hope you get it now. Thank you and goodbye.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah and theoretically you can print a bunch of fake money hoping that no one catches you when you pay...

Don't you think each Apple store monitors all return items? How many Apple stores do you have to go to and excuses to come up with for the returns to make that possible?

Just calm down dude, Apple's money is not your money. Of all the Apple scams I've seen (worse of which was the iTunes gift cards cracked and $100 cards were sold for $2), Apple still manages to make record profits.

There is no limit to how many return a customer can make. Apple stores also have a 'no questions asked' policy. Therefore he wouldn't even have to make up excuses.

JSalig
Aug 5, 2011, 03:52 PM
Apple certainly does know who got a gift card. Anyone looking to return their mac and got the edu discount with the gift card is required to call the 1-800 number due to the promotion. Those who got their macs without the discount can just process the return online. Anyone who bought within the last couple of weeks can easily verify this through their account. If they try to process a return they will see that they're blocked from doing it online.

calvol
Aug 5, 2011, 03:52 PM
I assume you'r referring to the OP. Please explain how he abused Apple's return policy.

This sounds vague and very subjective, especially the last one >

OP is either OCD or perfectionist IMO. Nevertheless, even if they were valid returns, there will be a lot of refurbs with these kind of return rates.

hefeglass
Aug 5, 2011, 03:55 PM
I'm on my third, this one seems pretty good...
display does seem quite a bit yellower...but thats compared to my desktop monitor..not to any other macbook airs i had..

eckthroi
Aug 5, 2011, 03:55 PM
We have asked you for your proof repetitively as til now you have not given us any so as long as you don't provide your proof I will not believe your BS and JSalig has been a member longer than you aswell so pics or keep your trap shut,

Guys is there a way to get him banned cuz he is giving me a headache

I agree- all of his posts are the same- even the threads he has started is a pile of pessimistic accusatory crap.

You have my vote.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 03:59 PM
I'm on my third, this one seems pretty good...
display does seem quite a bit yellower...but thats compared to my desktop monitor..not to any other macbook airs i had..

I'm not gonna lie, back when I bought my first MacBook Black, I returned it 10 times to Best Buy for replacements in a matter of two weeks. But this was due to SIGNIFICANT problems I was having with each one. I wasn't trying to scam like this guy!

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 04:00 PM
I'm not gonna lie, back when I bought my first MacBook Black, I returned it 10 times to Best Buy for replacements in a matter of two weeks. But this was due to SIGNIFICANT problems I was having with each one. I wasn't trying to scam like this guy!

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

iZeeshan
Aug 5, 2011, 04:01 PM

One question: If he was scamming apple, why would he post about defective units on a forum?

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah right.:rolleyes:

1st Macbook: Screen flickering.
2. Random shutdowns
3. Overheating
4. Faulty disc drive. Scratched my copy of COD 4, I made Best Buy compensate
5. Dead pixels
6. Broken microphone and headphone jack
7. Hinge defect
8. Fried magsafe port
9. Overheating problems once again!
10. Yellowish screen

Apple OC
Aug 5, 2011, 04:11 PM

10 times? ... and you call the OP the worst customer?

nobody has ever had 10 issues with an Apple product in the first 2 weeks ... care to explain what you returned your 9 computers for?

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 04:12 PM
2. Random shutdowns
3. Overheating
5. Dead pixels
7. Hinge defect
8. Fried magsafe port
10. Yellowish screen

So if you've had TEN problems, why isn't it plausible that qwerf123 had three problems?

You're really not helping yourself here.....:rolleyes:

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 04:14 PM
So if you've had TEN problems, why isn't it plausible that qwerf123 had three problems?

You're really not helping yourself here.....:rolleyes:

Because his problems were insignificant, and he was clearly trying to scam Apple for App Store gift cards!

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 04:16 PM
Because his problems were insignificant, and he was clearly trying to scam Apple for App Store gift cards!

I'm sure to him your problems seem insignificant.....because they happened to you, not him. If you experienced any of his problems, you would think them to be significant.

Stop calling qwerf123 a scammer. There is nothing he said that could lead anyone to believe that.

Apple OC
Aug 5, 2011, 04:17 PM
2. Random shutdowns
3. Overheating
5. Dead pixels
7. Hinge defect
8. Fried magsafe port
10. Yellowish screen

let me get this straight ... as you said you are not lying?

you received 10 defective Computers in a row within 2 weeks? ... and the 11th was OK?

Hans Brix
Aug 5, 2011, 04:19 PM
Wow. :D

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 04:19 PM
I'm sure to him your problems seem insignificant.....because they happened to you, not him. If you experienced any of his problems, you would think them to be significant.

Stop calling qwerf123 a scammer. There is nothing he said that could lead anyone to believe that.

I don't consider a "buzzing trackpad' a significant issue. I've never even heard of this issue with any MacBooks. He is obviously just making up defects that are not authentic!

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 04:20 PM
let me get this straight ... as you said you are not lying?

you received 10 defective Computers in a row within 2 weeks? ... and the 11th was OK?

Yes thats correct. I returned 10 Black MacBooks

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 04:21 PM
I don't consider a "buzzing trackpad' a significant issue. I've never even heard of this issue with any MacBooks. He is obviously just making up defects that are not authentic!

Oh, well I guess if you don't know about it, it must not exist.:rolleyes:

That's your argument? Just wow.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 04:23 PM
Oh, well I guess if you don't know about it, it must not exist.:rolleyes:

That's your argument? Just wow.

Even if it was a legitimate problem, its insignificant problem that should not warrant a return! Apple needs to review their return policy!

Hans Brix
Aug 5, 2011, 04:23 PM

2. Random shutdowns
3. Overheating
5. Dead pixels
7. Hinge defect
8. Fried magsafe port
10. Yellowish screen

:confused:

Surely
Aug 5, 2011, 04:28 PM
Even if it was a legitimate problem, its insignificant problem that should not warrant a return! Apple needs to review their return policy!

What are you talking about? If my computer made a buzzing noise every time I touched the trackpad, that's absolutely a significant problem. That deserves a replacement.:rolleyes:

At this point, I picture you as someone who is just bored and wants to mess with people online. Good for you.

CaliforniaKing
Aug 5, 2011, 04:29 PM
:confused:

There was no $100 free gift card promotion back when I had my first MacBook, so my returns were fraudulent like his! Also, I despise Best Buy so I could careless how they feel about my 10 returns! I would never embarrass myself by bringing my MacBook into an Apple Store and demanding a refund because my trackpad was making a 'buzzing noise'.

Hellhammer
Aug 5, 2011, 04:29 PM
That is enough. Thread closed.