PDA

View Full Version : User account 'groups' from a shell

themoffster
Aug 5, 2011, 12:48 PM
I have moved my iTunes music to the /Users/Shared/Music folder so that my two admin accounts can read and write to the same library.
However, the group permissions are set to 'wheel' and it appears that neither admin are a part of that group from executing the 'groups' command in the shell.

I was going to add both admin accounts to this group so that they can inherit the group permissions on the account (as just now I had to chmod 777 the folder and its contents to allow the 2nd admin account I created to read and write to this folder - the first admin account was the first account I created and this was set as the owner of the folders automatically).

However, from a google it seems that the wheel group is a core group and shouldn't be messed with, so i was going to change the group permissions to something that both admins were a part of but any guest accounts wouldn't be.

Could someone that has a guest account on their machine tell me the groups that it says the account is a part of? That was I can compare it to the groups my admin accounts have and decide which would be best to change the folder group to.

Thanks.

For reference, my admin accounts have the following groups set:
staff com.apple.sharepoint.group.2 408 407 com.apple.access_screensharing 404 everyone _appstore localaccounts _appserverusr admin _appserveradm _lpadmin _lpoperator _developer com.apple.sharepoint.group.1 405 406