PDA

View Full Version : Screen rotation issue w/ Skype 4 iPad

Carlanga
Aug 5, 2011, 01:12 PM
Wanted to know if anyone else here in MR has had the same rotation problem w/ the new Skype for iPad app.

When I'm video chatting and the iPad screen is horizontally set (like a computer screen), the person sees my video vertically but I'm still horizontal (meaning my whole video is rotated to the left). It only happens w/ one side position, but is the side where w/ the cover I can rest the iPad for viewing instead of typing. Any other position the video works fine. I have reinstalled it but still happens. :confused:

I'm running an iPad 2 WIFI, jb w/ jailbreakme.com

cdrkryl
Aug 17, 2011, 01:12 PM
yes, i've been having this exact problem too. rotating the ipad2 on it's end and then back fixes it for about 10 seconds.. and then it rotates for the person on the other end of the call. i've been using the ipad2 smart cover to hold it landscape on my desk. no jail breaks here. i haven't found a workaround yet.

tried:
-setting switch on side to hold orientation (worth a shot even though the screen on my end is not flipping)
-shutting down all apps
-rebooting ipad

running version 1.0.1538

Trademagic
Jun 22, 2012, 12:35 AM
With using the keyboard when it comes up in normal mode it's fine and disappears fine but if rotated to portrait mode since it's tall and thin sometimes the keyboard comes up a third of the way up the board. when this happens I can't put the keyboard back down. I can't hide the keyboard because you can't reach the key on the right-hand side it's too too thin you can only see about from the I over to the R and you can't shrink the keyboard damn out-of-the-way.

I have the new iPad with 60gb

Marc