Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AUrunna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Hey there, I found these cool looking videos that this designer created, and I would very much like to create something similar in style.

The video:

http://hexagonall.com/blog/?p=1307

Obviously it says he created them in Flash and After Effects, but I'm not understanding the process of how exactly. I am by no means an expert in Flash, so if anyone has any tips or tutorials for this type of thing perhaps, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Instead of copying a style (like the guy did in the video you posted), learn the software and do your own original designs. Start off with the basics. Buy a book or two, subscribe to lynda.com to watch the tutorials, then make a few small projects of your own. Before long, you'll get the hang of it and start to see the full potential of what you can do. The software is only the tool, what you do with it depends on your creativity, ability, and knowledge of how to use it. I hope you aren't expecting people on this forum to help you with all that.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Why don't you ask the video creator?

Instead of copying a style (like the guy did in the video you posted), learn the software and do your own original designs. Start off with the basics. Buy a book or two, subscribe to lynda.com to watch the tutorials, then make a few small projects of your own. Before long, you'll get the hang of it and start to see the full potential of what you can do. The software is only the tool, what you do with it depends on your creativity, ability, and knowledge of how to use it. I hope you aren't expecting people on this forum to help you with all that.

Exactly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.