PDA

View Full Version : OS X Lion - keychain issues

palenka1966
Aug 5, 2011, 03:28 PM
I've used the search function but I could not find a similar issue.

Yesterday I did a clean install of OS X Lion on my late 2008 MBP. Everything worked out perfectly and I'm really liking Lion. Before doing the install I manually backed up all my important files including my library(with my keychain from SL).

Now when i tried opening my old keychain from SL in Lion I only saw 1/10th of the keys that were in my old keychain. I tried every option and tab but I can not find the rest of my keys. The import worked, I am sure of that as I can see some keys that I haven't used since I updated to Lion.

Anyone familiar with this issue? Or any ideas how I can fix this. I have no SL machine close where I can try to open the keychain in.

Thank you.

DustinT
Aug 5, 2011, 08:25 PM
Apple provides 90 days of tech support with the purchase of Lion. I'd contact them for more help. I had a key chain issue and they helped resolve it quickly.

mrapplegate
Aug 5, 2011, 08:30 PM
I've used the search function but I could not find a similar issue.

Yesterday I did a clean install of OS X Lion on my late 2008 MBP. Everything worked out perfectly and I'm really liking Lion. Before doing the install I manually backed up all my important files including my library(with my keychain from SL).

Now when i tried opening my old keychain from SL in Lion I only saw 1/10th of the keys that were in my old keychain. I tried every option and tab but I can not find the rest of my keys. The import worked, I am sure of that as I can see some keys that I haven't used since I updated to Lion.

Anyone familiar with this issue? Or any ideas how I can fix this. I have no SL machine close where I can try to open the keychain in.

Thank you.

What did Keychain First Aid show? Any problems?
Some general keychain advice (http://www.macworld.com/article/155351/2010/11/cure_funky_keychain.html).