PDA

View Full Version : 4 Replacements MacBook Airs in 10 days

qwerf123
Aug 5, 2011, 04:47 PM
This is in relation to the thread earlier I started: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1206613

Sadly people went a bit off topic with accusing me of creating problems so i thought I would start another thread more on topic and hopefully it won't get closed before I can even reply to any comments as I now have working MBA/computer now.

I had bought an i7 13" MacBook Air from my local apple store but I faced multiple issues

The issues I had that I stated were:

1)The first one I got had a faulty track pad which wouldn't click and had a huge gap on one side. Then when I raised this to the Apple employee who served me, but he tried to start an argument with me so I got the store leader involved to sort it out which he did

2)The 2nd was overheating and the display was not working properly,

3)And the third was making a buzzing sound each time the trackpad was used, which was particulary noticeable in a quite room.

I just got my 4th today and luckily, it has no issues and I got a Samsung Display and SSD which I am extremely happy about and this has now restored my faith in Apple after the complete mess they caused.

Many people claimed I was faking these issue but the the Apple Store I visited gladly exchanged them each time (apart from the first occasion) without issues and inspected the MBA each time. Also I never scammed the 65/$100 gift card each time as they only thing they did was exchange my MBA each time as I had already redeemed my voucher anyway so they couldn't offer me a full refund without losing 65 of the total value which i didn't want.

I just want to know if anyone else has had issues with the quality of their Macbook Airs and what the issues were?

And please this time, nothing too off topic, I just want to see if anybody else had faced quality issues with the latest 2011 MacBook Air

Thanks

balamw
Aug 5, 2011, 04:52 PM
Please give us some time to deal with the fallout from the other thread. Let everyone cool down a bit.

B