PDA

View Full Version : safari 5.1 pinch zoom vs command-plus

tbln
Aug 5, 2011, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone,

Since upgrading to lion I've noticed that pinch-to-zoom in safari now zooms in differently than it used to before. Previously, pinch zoom would act like command-plus does, increasing the size of the text and attempt to preserve the arrangement of frames as everything as it were on the page. I liked this because it meant I didn't have to scroll sideways to read and mostly meant that font sizes were increased. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to change the default pinch to zoom feature to act like command-plus?

Thanks!

Lek
Oct 26, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Since upgrading to lion I've noticed that pinch-to-zoom in safari now zooms in differently than it used to before. Previously, pinch zoom would act like command-plus does, increasing the size of the text and attempt to preserve the arrangement of frames as everything as it were on the page. I liked this because it meant I didn't have to scroll sideways to read and mostly meant that font sizes were increased. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to change the default pinch to zoom feature to act like command-plus?

Thanks!

Yes, this is annoying the crap out of me. When you pinch zoom, it doesn't keep everything centered. Anyone figure a way to pinch zoom like snow leopard or before?

AmbiguousNinja
Oct 26, 2011, 08:08 PM
Well off the top of my head I can suggest something that should work.
Disable pinch to zoom in trackpad prefs.
Use BetterTouchTool and assign the pinch gestures to cmd+ and cmd- accordingly.