PDA

View Full Version : Question About App Rejection

Patoma16
Aug 5, 2011, 08:25 PM
Ok, so my iPad app was today rejected. It was something very stupid (the name) and they [Apple] said that I don't need to resubmit my binary after I correct the problem. So I quickly corrected it, and am left with a question. The app still comes out as rejected, and there is no option to change it back to waiting for review that doesn't involve resubmitting the app. SO my question is do I just leave it as is after correcting the issue, or is there something else I need to do?

ViviUO
Aug 5, 2011, 11:29 PM
Just resubmit the binary ... you'll probably have to change the name of the app in Xcode anyhow ...

Patoma16
Aug 5, 2011, 11:33 PM
Just resubmit the binary ... you'll probably have to change the name of the app in Xcode anyhow ...

Wellin Xcode the app has a differ name. It's just "Zombies", and apple strictly referenced the binary name inputed in iTC. So, I doubt I have to change that.

seepel
Aug 6, 2011, 01:08 AM
I ran into a problem similar to this. I just had to edit the metadata and respond to the rejection notification in iTunes Connect. Though if you have to change the name don't you also have to change the binary product name as well?

Patoma16
Aug 6, 2011, 09:38 AM
I ran into a problem similar to this. I just had to edit the metadata and respond to the rejection notification in iTunes Connect. Though if you have to change the name don't you also have to change the binary product name as well?

Thanks, I did just that. They said simply the metadata name was suffice. And the product name in xcode was just "Zombies" so I dont think I have to do that.

mac825
Aug 22, 2011, 01:44 PM
I have the same situation. I updated the metadata, but I see no option to resubmit the app. After editing the metadata, should I leave the app state, as is. And, wait for review of the app.
Patoma16, did you do anything different to resubmit the app?