Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CTCSocial.com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Mount Ulla, NC
When I try to sync my Mac Account to my server it says: "The sync could not complete because your network home at “/Volumes/Server HD/NetHomes3/Users/Simcoxrl” does not allow writing."

Need more info? E-Mail Me at: Robert@CTCSocial.com

CTCSocial.com​

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-05 at 10.27.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-05 at 10.27.12 PM.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 245

gazcross

macrumors member
May 21, 2006
Wales
Permissions problem...

It's probably a permissions problem with your share point.

I had a nightmare with SL Server which produced the same error.

You can clear all the permissions on the command line or use BatCHMOD (a handy little app). Once you've done that then go though and set the correct permissions to the user folders - it should then work fine.
:eek:

CTCSocial.com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Mount Ulla, NC
It's probably a permissions problem with your share point.

I had a nightmare with SL Server which produced the same error.

You can clear all the permissions on the command line or use BatCHMOD (a handy little app). Once you've done that then go though and set the correct permissions to the user folders - it should then work fine.
:eek:

Thanks I will try that! :)

CTCSocial.com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Mount Ulla, NC
null?

Now I get: "The sync could not complete because your network home at “(null)” does not allow writing." :confused:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-08 at 9.44.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-08 at 9.44.52 PM.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 141

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
Now I get: "The sync could not complete because your network home at “(null)” does not allow writing." :confused:

Can you give more info as to what you are connecting to? AD, OD, Centrify, etc. That error message is telling you what the issue is. It can't find the home folder path and thus it cannot write anything.

stephenq42

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2011
Check ownership of your server's home folder

If you have created a custom home folder and published it using "Make available for home directories...", check in the permission list for the file share.

The owner of your custom folder should be a user with full permissions to the folder. If the owner is unknown, change it to a valid user.

matspekkie

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2010
your network home at “(null)”

"your network home at “(null)” "
Means that the home path for that user is not set properly in either OD or AD.
Something like afp://server/Users.

If you have created a custom home folder and published it using "Make available for home directories...", check in the permission list for the file share.

The owner of your custom folder should be a user with full permissions to the folder. If the owner is unknown, change it to a valid user.

mehrab

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Dubai
Where is Mobile account network home folder?

Hi

In ML server:
1- In File Sharing, I've add a Folder "Zusers" and activated "make available for home directories over AFP"
2- I added a new user "Joanna" and set her home folder to "Zusers"
3- After pushing "Done" button, /Zusers/joanna Created automatically including Joanna home subfolders like Desktop, Documents, Downloads, ....
4- In work Group manager, I've activated "Mobility" for Joanna
5- I double checked joanna home folder in Work group manager > Accounts > home and it is : "afp://my server.com/Zusers"

6- In client machine I've logged in with Joanna network Account, new Mobile user created and I saw "server Greeting Message" as well

Here is the problem:
Now I Believe when I copy files to the joanna desktop it should be in /Zusers/joanna/desktop as well, but there is nothing.

So do I missing sth or where is her network home folder?

Thank you for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.