Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Okay, I usually don't do this but...

When I was in 7th & 8th grade, we played an educational game on the AppleIIgs (I think it was the IIgs.)

You played a detective uncovering a mystery in a department store. You went to different people and asked them questions, and they gave you different math problems. Once you solved the problem you had to find another person to interview and they'd give you a different problem. I remember the store had 2 floors. When you won the game you flew off in a hot air balloon (if I remember correctly.)

The graphics were all wire frame, black and white. I think it was on a double sided 5.25 floppy (actually that rules out a IIgs, doesn't it?)

It's not Carmen Sandiego, I know that much.

Can anyone name that game? :D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
OK now you've got me trying to think up the name of a similar, but different game. This one was in colour, it was for DOS (but may have also been on Mac or Apple II), I'm pretty sure you were a detective. Unfortunately I can't remember much more about it :(

I don't think it was in a department store, maybe it was in a school (edit: maybe a hotel or a mansion). But I'm pretty sure you had to do maths questions in this one too. And I think there was a bad guy that you had to avoid.

Edit: Found it, it's called Midnight Rescue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.