Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Internaut

macrumors 65816
Original poster
[FANBOI REVELATION]Not that I doubt for a moment that some of the serious problems discussed here are very real (and I've found a couple of bugs myself) but I'm really enjoying Lion. To be fair, I would probably have renewed my love for Snow Leopard in the past week.

You see, I had to work at home and I've been using the Mac (normally reserved for email, web browsing and sorting out photos at home) to do my day job for the first time and after using Windows XP for a few years. Doing my job, which often involves 20+ windows on my MacBook is just considerably more productive than using the Dell From Hell.

And the Mission Control (+ the new three fingered salute) and the ability to create desktops and organise running applications into them on the fly makes navigating between different tasks (involving eight terminal windows connected to four different servers, Office applications, MSN and Skype chats and and a couple of X terminal applications running from a server back at the office) an absolute breeze. I was getting more done in less time, in spite of working remotely.

Seriously, I've been using a MacBook for three years and I've only just discovered I have a really good engineering workstation that also runs Word and Excel (but thankfully not Access - trust me, you do do without Access) and Aperture too (not to mention doing ssh and X Windows natively).....[/FANBOI REVELATION]

Issues? The Cisco VPN software for Mac is bloody awful and I'm hoping to get OSX's native VPN working with the office for when I next work from home. Also, Office for Mac is compatible but not really as polished as the Windows version (we use Office 2007 at work and 2011 feels a little behind). Hopefully, MS will update Office to support Lion's full screen mode (and Versions feature) soon enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.