PDA

View Full Version : New MacBook Air owner

Artmuzz
Aug 6, 2011, 02:04 PM
Today I bought the new 11 inch MacBook Air with 4GB memory and the Samsung 128GB SSD installed. It cost me 899 because the store I bought it from had a 10% discount on all Macs because it was the first opening day. So far I am very impressed with this little baby. It is beautiful and feels solid. I am going to install Logic Pro and see what the performance is like.

Art

clyde2801
Aug 6, 2011, 02:51 PM
Congrats on your purchase!

Duke15
Aug 6, 2011, 04:01 PM
Congrats I purchased mine yesterday, works great eh?

Artmuzz
Aug 7, 2011, 03:54 PM
It works fantastic with Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Reason 5. I cannot believe how powerful this little baby is considering it is a small compact laptop. I am very happy with my purchase and I was very happy when I looked up system report to find my MacBook Air is using the Samsung SSD. My only rant (and I knew this before buying my MacBook Air) is that I wish Apple had included a restore thumb drive for Lion as I find the internet restore a complete PITA!

PROS - Beautiful, well built, compact and very fast and powerful.:):D

CONS - Apple what the hell were you thinking of not supplying those new babies with a Mac OSX 10.7 Lion restore thumb drive:mad: I always feel peace of mind when I buy a computer with the restore discs/thumb drives included.

misterneums
Aug 7, 2011, 03:58 PM
Congrats on your purchase. I was up in the air between the 11" and 13", ended up going with the 13. Very happy nonetheless.

pickleydoo
Aug 7, 2011, 04:19 PM
It works fantastic with Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Reason 5. I cannot believe how powerful this little baby is considering it is a small compact laptop. I am very happy with my purchase and I was very happy when I looked up system report to find my MacBook Air is using the Samsung SSD. My only rant (and I knew this before buying my MacBook Air) is that I wish Apple had included a restore thumb drive for Lion as I find the internet restore a complete PITA!

PROS - Beautiful, well built, compact and very fast and powerful.:):D

CONS - Apple what the hell were you thinking of not supplying those new babies with a Mac OSX 10.7 Lion restore thumb drive:mad: I always feel peace of mind when I buy a computer with the restore discs/thumb drives included.

Does anyone want to share their thoughts about the new Airs with Logic Pro? I'm looking to do basic tracking and mixing on the go with an Apogee Duet 2 and am trying to decide between the base Air 13" or the base Pro 13".

EDIT: I was actually at the Apple Store today trying out both and the better weight and screen resolution were huge draws for me for the Air. The Pros had Logic and CS5 installed and performance in the base 13" was great (obviously couldn't track in store but for playback with 60+ tracks it was really fantastic). Unfortunately the Airs didn't have any of that installed to try out.

Scepticalscribe
Aug 7, 2011, 05:24 PM
Congrats on your new MBA. Enjoy it.

Cheers