PDA

View Full Version : Trade Air for iPhone?

Ksizzle9
Aug 6, 2011, 04:36 PM
i was looking on CL and found a guy wanting to trade his Air for a 32GB iPHone. personally i think its crazy but damn is that a easy way to get a Air. it is the first gen, but pretty much top of the line and also comes with an extra normal hard drive, but he currently has 128SSD installed. I really want to do this but i don't know if i can live without my iPhone, not to mention i bought it for full retail. Just curious how many of you would do this? I already have a 13.3 late model aluminum macbook with 250HD, and 4GB RAM INSTALLED, WITH 2 4GB sticks on the way. SO its not just that i want a MB. Someone tell me its worth it please. only problem is that i won't have a iPhone.

sloan47
Aug 6, 2011, 04:40 PM
Well, if he has the original receipt and you're fine living without an iPhone for a while you may as well go for it. Just be careful.. if something sounds too good to be true it probably is. :(

PaulWog
Aug 6, 2011, 04:54 PM
i was looking on CL and found a guy wanting to trade his Air for a 32GB iPHone. personally i think its crazy but damn is that a easy way to get a Air. it is the first gen, but pretty much top of the line and also comes with an extra normal hard drive, but he currently has 128SSD installed. I really want to do this but i don't know if i can live without my iPhone, not to mention i bought it for full retail. Just curious how many of you would do this? I already have a 13.3 late model aluminum macbook with 250HD, and 4GB RAM INSTALLED, WITH 2 4GB sticks on the way. SO its not just that i want a MB. Someone tell me its worth it please. only problem is that i won't have a iPhone.

First-gen Macbook Air? Imo not worth it. Battery is probably in need of being replaced, it's getting old... nah, don't do it.

NutsNGum
Aug 6, 2011, 05:15 PM
First-gen Macbook Air? Imo not worth it. Battery is probably in need of being replaced, it's getting old... nah, don't do it.

The SSDs on the first generation air are very, very slow by today's standards.

Keep your MacBook and buy an SSD when you can afford it. Youve got a much better computer already.

Apple OC
Aug 6, 2011, 05:29 PM
not worth it ... keep the phone and computer you got

radiohead14
Aug 6, 2011, 05:30 PM
it doesn't sound worth it if you already have a capable notebook.