Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

operastarlet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
USA
Ok. I gave my 3g Ipod to my cousin, who has a pc. I could not find the box with the original software in it because I recently moved and there is no telling where it is. I thought I had found all the software and all she needed and burned it to a cd for her and sent it up. Now heres the problem. I now find out I need the original CD for pc because I need the iPod for Windows Software 1.0 and it is not available for download from apple. IS there ANY way I can download this software or she can download it because finding that CD is probably not even possible.
HELP PLEASE! :confused:

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
operastarlet said:
Ok. I gave my 3g Ipod to my cousin, who has a pc. I could not find the box with the original software in it because I recently moved and there is no telling where it is. I thought I had found all the software and all she needed and burned it to a cd for her and sent it up. Now heres the problem. I now find out I need the original CD for pc because I need the iPod for Windows Software 1.0 and it is not available for download from apple. IS there ANY way I can download this software or she can download it because finding that CD is probably not even possible.
HELP PLEASE! :confused:

download the latest iPod Updater software, that should be able to format the drive. it's available on the ipod site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.