PDA

View Full Version : Proud Owner New 13" MacBook Air!

iphonsteve4ajob
Aug 6, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hello MacRumors!!!

This is my first post to the MacRumors forums. I just returned home and finished setting up my 13" MacBook Air. I've got a Core i5/128GB model. Uh...lets see. I see many members posting about ssd/lcd combos. I have Samsung for both. I know there are many posts here regarding the differences, imagined or not. I am just happy to have a MAC again!

My last laptop was a DELL 15" Core2 which could have doubled for a doorstop or heating system for a cold home. It was old, old, old, old. I still get shivers thinking of that system typing on the Air.

I swear, I didn't think I'd be this happy, but as each click of my brightly lit keyboard reinforces the quality of Apple engineering I cannot help the ear splitting grin that is eating my face.

My last Apple was a 17" iMac from 2003. OSX had just debuted and the swivel screen models had just come out. 800mhz processor. I was even pretty handy using os9?8?-whichever, since it was loaded on there for the "old skool" users.

But my gosh...now I am BACK!!! I am looking forward to learning about my computer from the members of this forum. Now...back to playing with my comp.

wrinkster22
Aug 6, 2011, 07:38 PM
congrats! i am jealous! enjoy :)))))))))

iphonsteve4ajob
Aug 6, 2011, 07:41 PM
congrats! i am jealous! enjoy :)))))))))

Thank you!!

reputationZed
Aug 6, 2011, 09:02 PM
Congrats on the MBA, its an awesome piece of kit. I find my 13" MBA is and order of magnitude more functional as a laptop then my 2009 15" MBP, I can imagine the leap it must be over the dell.

tekksan
Aug 6, 2011, 09:15 PM
Congrats. It's an awesome machine.

go4theko
Aug 6, 2011, 09:34 PM
nice. i had a 15.4 in dell b4 too. it was gigantic. could probably fit about 4 macbook airs in it lol

hcho3
Aug 6, 2011, 10:01 PM
No companies can match apple's hardware in laptops.

Dell XPS are still catching up to MBP.

pollaxe
Aug 7, 2011, 03:21 AM
Welcome to the club! :D

I'm a former PC/Windows/Ubuntu type of fella who's pretty new to OS X and my 2011 MBA 13" is my very first Mac. I'm supremely happy with it and it's good to see another happy owner/user too. :)

iphonsteve4ajob
Aug 7, 2011, 03:35 AM
Welcome to the club! :D

I'm a former PC/Windows/Ubuntu type of fella who's pretty new to OS X and my 2011 MBA 13" is my very first Mac. I'm supremely happy with it and it's good to see another happy owner/user too. :)

Agreed. It's been 5 hrs and I'm still playing with mine. Though I have to admit, it is a bit frustrating getting everything from email to browsers to iphone sync set up from scratch again.

Enjoy your Air!

efet
Aug 7, 2011, 11:01 AM
I used to only buy Sony Vaio SZ laptops for a long time.
I have been using my MBA for 3 days now, I dont think I would ever buy Sony again. There is a huge quality difference.