PDA

View Full Version : Can't open files on G5

phadam
Aug 6, 2011, 08:33 PM
I recently purchased a powermac G5 that I am trying to set up for an assistant coming in on a project in the next few weeks. I didn't want to spend a lot of money as it's a short term project so I though a G5 may be the way to go as a temporary solution. I am trying to download Espresso to the machine and I am already running OSX 10.5.8 which is required by MacRabbit. After download, I am getting a notice saying 'Safari can’t open the file “Espresso” because no available application can open it.'

Any ideas on what I may be missing for the download on this? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

phadam
Aug 7, 2011, 12:58 PM
Also just tried to download an adobe cs trial version for 5.5 and cant open the adobe download assistant to start the download process. Any ideas??? Could really use the help. Thanks!

iBookG4user
Aug 7, 2011, 01:03 PM
You won't be able to run CS5 on the G5, it requires an Intel Mac. The latest that you can put on the G5 is going to be CS4.

ashman70
Aug 7, 2011, 01:06 PM
The issue your running into with the Adobe CS 5.5 trial is that it will only run on machines with Intel processors. If you want to run Adobe CS you'll likely have to go back a few versions to say 3 or so to find one that will run on a G5.

phadam
Aug 7, 2011, 02:09 PM
That makes sense. I'll have to check with adobe for cs3/cs4 requirements. Thanks!