PDA

View Full Version : How to back to revision in xcode4?

mikezang
Aug 6, 2011, 10:01 PM
It might be too late to ask this basic question.

I knew how to back to revision in xcode3, but I never use it until now since I use Xcode 4.

Today I try to back to past revision for my project, but I don't know how to do it, I checked Xcode 4 User Guide, it seems like there is no such contents.

Please give me some hint. Thanks a lot.

jiminaus
Aug 6, 2011, 11:50 PM
Do you mean a revision in terms of a version control system like Git or Subversion, or a revision in terms of a snapshots taken when you refector for example?

mikezang
Aug 7, 2011, 12:33 AM
Do you mean a revision in terms of a version control system like Git or Subversion, or a revision in terms of a snapshots taken when you refector for example?
I mean revision in Git of Xcode 4, I commit all before I made a big modification, I want to restore committed source after I found that modification is not good, but I am not sure how to do it, I thought there should be a button to retrieve revision....

jiminaus
Aug 7, 2011, 05:10 AM
I mean revision in Git of Xcode 4, I commit all before I made a big modification, I want to restore committed source after I found that modification is not good, but I am not sure how to do it, I thought there should be a button to retrieve revision....

XCode 4 has the stupidest idea of reverting by copying and pasting older versions of code over the local copy. XCode 4's version control "features" are brain-dead, especially for Git.

Just use standard git commands in Terminal to revert.

mikezang
Aug 7, 2011, 06:35 AM
XCode 4 has the stupidest idea of reverting by copying and pasting older versions of code over the local copy. XCode 4's version control "features" are brain-dead, especially for Git.

Just use standard git commands in Terminal to revert.

Thanks a lot! Sometimes Apple is also stupid?!