PDA

View Full Version : Mac Book Air 2011 features

MrKaji
Aug 6, 2011, 11:20 PM
Hi Guys,

I just recently purchased the new MBA 2011 13'' with core i5 and 128GB SSD(flash)

It is unfortunate that i did get both LG screen and HDD however it still looks great and runs lightening quick.

Im pretty new to the Mac OSX scene and im just looking at some things that have caught my eye.

1. does Lion OSX have a power feature like windows like "high performance or battery saver" options?

2. After installing bootcamp i realise one of the drivers was "unsuccessfully installed" which was the Ambient Light Sensor. Does the new MBA have a ambient light senor?

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

ddeadserious
Aug 6, 2011, 11:40 PM
Glad to hear you're happy with your purchase.

1. Click the battery in your menu bar, click "Open Energy Saving Preferences" and adjust how you see fit. As for a quick button setting, there isn't anything like that built in to OS X.

2. The MBA does have an Ambient Light Sensor, so you should probably get that installed properly. If you don't, it's probably not the end of the world, but the display backlight won't adjust to lighting conditions as it would otherwise.

macbookpro45
Aug 7, 2011, 12:06 AM
you can download programs like coconut battery or something like that for battery management. check the mac app store/widgets downlaods

MrKaji
Aug 7, 2011, 12:07 AM
Well i just went to look at sensors in my windows 7 and it was disabled.
When i enabled it my screen adjusted accordingly to the light.

so i guess it did install afterall using microsoft drivers.

Thanks for your help anyway

MrKaji
Aug 7, 2011, 12:10 AM
you can download programs like coconut battery or something like that for battery management. check the mac app store/widgets downlaods

The reason why i asked this is just i thought i could suck abit more power from the core i5 lolol.

with windows power saver mode really boggs the system down.

but it seems Lion or OSX dont have this feature built in

thanks for your suggestion though