Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenLeong

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Seattle
So, sometimes after I open up my MBP and wake it from sleep, the login screen has an all-grey wallpaper. Sometimes it has the mesh-fabric style wallpaper. And sometimes it has the stock Milky Way image for the wallpaper.

Anyone experience the same thing?

I really dislike the Milky Way image for a wallpaper and would like to set it to not be that, but can't find where to change wallpapers other than for the desktop.

Any help would be great.

Quad5Ny

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
New York, USA
If your logged in, it should show a dim copy of your current wallpaper. Otherwise it shows a grayish iOS style mesh background.

It sounds like you have a bug.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
there is the wallpaper set for your login screen, but i see that sometimes it uses the DefaultDesktop.jpg (in System/Library/CoreServices).

i just changed that to the image i wanted (be SURE to set it at your screen size and 72dpi), and am now seeing only what i WANT to see...

Last edited:

BenLeong

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Seattle
Kind of frustrating that I have to go in and change it like that just to get it working properly. I'll give it a try, though.

Also, as far as it using a dimmer version of my desktop wallpaper, my desktop is just the color white. So why it occasionally/randomly uses the Milky Way for login after sleep is anyone's guess...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.