PDA

View Full Version : 2011 MBA 13 & Bootcamp

merrickdrfc
Aug 7, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hi,

Having some problems with Bootcamp on my 2011 13" MBA, i've created the USB install disk using boot camp assistant, it boots fine, but then when the screen appears in the windows installer to select the partition to install to, I select the BOOTCAMP partition, format as NTFS, and then it has an error saying "setup can not create or locate an existing system files partition".

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

jenzjen
Aug 7, 2011, 01:53 PM
So, once you're in Windows setup, you see the BOOTCAMP partition, right? Are you sure you selected that partition and then selected format at the bottom?

I get that error when I forget to format but have never gotten the error after.

merrickdrfc
Aug 7, 2011, 01:58 PM
So, once you're in Windows setup, you see the BOOTCAMP partition, right? Are you sure you selected that partition and then selected format at the bottom?

I get that error when I forget to format but have never gotten the error after.

Yes correct, I can see the partition fine, there are four in total, one being the recovery partition, the other Macintosh HD, the EFI reserved space and finally the BOOTCAMP partition. I am able to format it in NTFS, its when I click to proceed after this it throws the error.

jenzjen
Aug 8, 2011, 01:53 AM
No clue, all I would do is restart boot camp assistant to remove the partition and try again.

merrickdrfc
Aug 8, 2011, 02:02 PM
Tried that many times, I've given up and just run Windoze in VMWare, probably would work if I erased my SSD but its not worth it, thanks for the help though! :)