PDA

View Full Version : 3rd try and now happy!

Mrrikki
Aug 7, 2011, 11:03 AM
I have a Macbook Air 2011 i5 128gb; I upgraded from 2010.

1st Try found the screen bad; had the LG screen and had Toshiba SDD but was happy with the speed.

2nd Had the LG screen again but seemed better for some reason...but had a Toshiba SDD again and this time I found it slow!

3rd I got the Samsung screen and Samsung SDD; happy with the screen much prefer it to the last 2 LG screens, also the Samsung SDD is noticeably faster to me.

Just wanted to share my experience.

jackyyeow
Aug 7, 2011, 11:07 AM
You're trying to stir the pot aren't you?:D

Mrrikki
Aug 7, 2011, 11:16 AM
You're trying to stir the pot aren't you?:D

no :)

I did not expect to see the differences people keep talking about but now I believe it as I have seen it with my own eyes.

jackyyeow
Aug 7, 2011, 11:28 AM
Actually, like you, I can see the differences when I have another one to compare, albeit not side by side.

It's basically done to death IMO, when people not seeing the differences, they won't be convinced even if they have one for comparison. Some people genuinely not able to tell the differences while some refused to accept the truth. But all in all I don't think it need another thread.:D

Mrrikki
Aug 7, 2011, 11:30 AM
Actually, like you, I can see the differences when I have another one to compare, albeit not side by side.

It's basically done to death IMO, when people not seeing the differences, they won't be convinced even if they have one for comparison. Some people genuinely not able to tell the differences while some refused to accept the truth. But all in all I don't think it need another thread.:D

This thread was for my experience and not buried in a crazy argument thread.

jackyyeow
Aug 7, 2011, 11:34 AM
This thread was for my experience and not buried in a crazy argument thread.
I think this thread soon will turn into yet another one I guess.:o

BENJMNS
Aug 7, 2011, 12:02 PM
I have a Macbook Air 2011 i5 128gb; I upgraded from 2010.

1st Try found the screen bad; had the LG screen and had Toshiba SDD but was happy with the speed.

2nd Had the LG screen again but seemed better for some reason...but had a Toshiba SDD again and this time I found it slow!

3rd I got the Samsung screen and Samsung SDD; happy with the screen much prefer it to the last 2 LG screens, also the Samsung SDD is noticeably faster to me.

Just wanted to share my experience.

you cannot tell me anyone is going to be able to notice speed differences between like for like new units that apple pushes out. it's like going to a porsche dealer and saying this version of the same car is pulling harder than the other one with same specs.

are you kidding me? lol internet!

kilonet
Aug 7, 2011, 12:07 PM
Theres no denying that this debate affects your psyche.. :D

jackyyeow
Aug 7, 2011, 12:27 PM
See what I mean? This thread is now officially going into another crazy argument thread.:D

If you can't notice a difference, it doesn't mean other people not noticing differences. What makes a difference to others, might not considered as any difference to you.

If you can see a difference but refused to admit it, it's all up to you. You can hide it from anyone, but you cannot hide it from yourself.;)

xraydoc
Aug 7, 2011, 01:01 PM
I don't doubt that screen manufacturer differences could be visible, but I don't believe there's any way you could detect SSD speed differences by opening random apps and documents. The differences are benchmarkable but are going to be very tough to see in weak-world uses.

2IS
Aug 7, 2011, 01:09 PM
you cannot tell me anyone is going to be able to notice speed differences between like for like new units that apple pushes out. it's like going to a porsche dealer and saying this version of the same car is pulling harder than the other one with same specs.

are you kidding me? lol internet!

What specs are you talking about? The only spec apple publishes for the SSD is it's capacity, not the brand nor the speed. He said one was faster than the other, not one was bigger than the other. There are reviews that have actually tested both Samsung and Toshiba SSD's and without exception, every single one shows the Samsung outperforming the Toshiba. There is a speed difference, this is a fact. The question is whether one will notice, and this will vary depending not only on the individual, but also the tasks one uses their computer for.

With that said, I partially agree with you. While I know there IS a difference, I can't possibly imagine it would be large enough for me to waste my time going back to the Apple store several times to exchange and reconfigure my laptop.

If we're debating opinions, I think it's silly. If we're debating facts, well, there is no debate. The Samsung is faster.

annk
Aug 7, 2011, 01:25 PM
I've cleaned it up a bit, but since I don't see this thread going anywhere positive, I've shut it down.