PDA

View Full Version : Is closing a MBA dangerous when it's hot?

Sarsay
Aug 7, 2011, 01:18 PM
I often wonder if closing a laptop - in my case a MacBook Air - is dangerous for the screen. I mean if my MBA's case is very hot and I put it to sleep by closing the screen to make it cool down will it be affected somehow?

Thanks! :)

GGJstudios
Aug 7, 2011, 01:19 PM
I often wonder if closing a laptop - in my case a MacBook Air - is dangerous for the screen. I mean if my MBA's case is very hot and I put it to sleep by closing the screen to make it cool down will it be affected somehow?
No, not at all. They're designed to run with the lid closed in clamshell mode.

VMMan
Aug 7, 2011, 06:27 PM
I sometimes make grilled cheese sandwiches by closing the MBA on top of my bread and cheese.

Roller
Aug 7, 2011, 07:37 PM
I sometimes make grilled cheese sandwiches by closing the MBA on top of my bread and cheese.

Is that after using the MBA to slice the cheese?

Yumunum
Aug 7, 2011, 07:41 PM

The unibody design is perfect for hammering too.

Young Spade
Aug 7, 2011, 08:02 PM
I cut my sister's birthday cake with a MBA once... that was a good cake.

Apple OC
Aug 7, 2011, 08:08 PM

Thanks! :)

No closing the lid when hot will not cause any issues ... it will actually shut down itself if it gets too hot

VMMan
Aug 7, 2011, 08:13 PM

The cheese comes pre-sliced, but I do cut the final sandwich with the MBA. I can't recommend the Moshi palm guards enough.

The unibody design is perfect for hammering too.

No way! I use my wife's MBP 13" for that. The extra 2.1 lbs help a lot.

onthecouchagain
Aug 7, 2011, 11:24 PM
I once cut class with my MBA. True story.