PDA

View Full Version : Is There an "Always Open With" feature to change default applications for 9.2.2 files

In-Correct
Aug 7, 2011, 03:36 PM
I am organizing all my .mp3 files. I usually use :apple: Mac OS 9.2.2... and I really don't know why, but .mp3s some of them are listed as "QuickTime Document", others "iTunes Doument", and some of them only say "Document"!! :confused: They will all open up in iTunes if I drag them to iTunes, but

isn't there a way on Mac OS 9.2.2 to "Always Open With"? to change the default application? I know that if I load the files with Mac OS X, and select "Always open with iTunes", and then I load them with Mac OS 9.2.2 again, ....they will all say "iTunes Document".

But I really like to know if Mac OS 9.2.2 has an "Always Open With" feature.

In-Correct
Aug 8, 2011, 01:52 AM
:apple: iTunes has a "Convert To MP3" setting. (Menu bar>>Advanced >>Convert To Mp3) It converts files to .mp3 , even if they are already "QuickTime Document", "PictureViewer Document" or "Document" .mp3 It completely creates a new .mp3 file in a differen folder and it recognizes it as a "iTunes Document" instead of the others that I have mentioned. I delete the original "not-Itunes-documents" and now what I have is all my .mp3 are recognized by :apple: mac os 9.2.2 as "iTunes document"s :confused: :D ;) :p :cool:

still would like to know if there is an "always open with".

MacSince1990
Aug 8, 2011, 10:24 AM
Are you sure they aren't .Mp4s that are associated with quicktime?

You should be able to change this under file associations... I forget if iTunes 2.0.4 had this (I'm sure it does...) but QuickTime 6.0.3 definitely does in the preferences.... deselect all relevant file associations in the QT Prefs.