Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilkia61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Kent, UK
I have purchased a load of TV Shows from iTunes which show on my iMac Main.

Why is it that when I log onto iTunes with the same Username and Password that I can not see the purchases in iTunes?

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
Do you mean that you purchased them on your iMac and can't see them on your MBA?

They're stored natively on the iMac, so unless you start homesharing, you won't be able to see them on the MBA. Unless you're talking about the iTunes in the iCloud thing...?

Sorry, not 100% clear on your post....can you elaborate a little?

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I have not been purchasing or renting TV shows, so I do not know if you need to authorize your MBA with the iTunes store. It is is located in "iTunes > Store > Authorize this computer".

/Jim

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
OK. If on the MAC you mean iMac (?) then:

Purchases on that computer won't show up on another computer automatically. You need to go authorise the computer as flynz4 suggests, and then you'll be able to access content from the iMac via your MBA through Homesharing if you're on the same local network.

If you're out and about and want access to your iTunes library, then you'll need to copy your TV shows etc over to the MBA.

I'm based in the UK so not sure exactly how the iTunes in the cloud stuff works, but looks like you can/ will soon be able to redownload purchases from the iTunes store onto different computers.

Have I got the gist of what you were asking for? Provide more details if not!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.