Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

overratedboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
I doubt the below cover will be the actual cover of the game as the image in the top left is used in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. This will be the 5th game in the series and I'm licking my lips about it. It looks like it will be one of the best year. We're still a good few months (at least) away from release as it's schedule to be released in 2012. It was originally meant to be released in December, however I think complications have since risen as this game is meant to tie in with the movie sequels release.

For this new game, the following information has been confirmed:

-David Bateson will not be voicing Agent 47.
-Agent 47's handler, Diana Burnwood, has a "close relationship" with 47 in Absolution.
-The main antagonist is revealed to be Blake Dexter, a new character to the series. The character will be voiced by Keith Carradine.
-It has been confirmed by the developers that the game is only going to be set in the United States, with one portion taking place in Chicago. Other locations are unconfirmed.
-The game will be released around 2012.
-Players will be able to set up elaborate traps.
-A new mode, called "Instinct," works much like the detective mode in Batman: Arkham Asylum. It is powered by a bar that works similarly to Sam Fisher’s "Mark and Execute" feature in Splinter Cell: Conviction as it is fueled by silent take-downs.
-There is no map screen. Instinct mode replaces it.
-Players will no longer be able to manually save the game.
-Players will be able to utilize a "tag and kill" mechanism during Instinct mode that is similar to the one in Red Dead Redemption.
-The game will feature some scripted action sequences and smaller sandbox levels that are divided by checkpoints.
-The original soundtrack for the game is composed by Peter Kyd and Peter Peter, replacing the long time composer Jesper Kyd.

I reckon instinct mode will be awesome. The game has long-needed something like this

hitman-absolution-ntsc-front-cover-74138.jpg

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
I am beyond stoked about this game, and the trailer was phenomenal. They take so long to get these games out though!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.