PDA

View Full Version : Any app which supports airplay video?

ciberkarlos
Aug 8, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hi everybody, i'm looking for an app which allows airplay video to reproduce native videos (no only quicktime videos, but also avi files and more) from my iPad2 to my AppleTV2. It exists? I only found some apps which support airplay but only for the audio.

With iOS 5 we will be able to do that, via video mirroring, or this will only work with quicktime videos?

Thank you very much!

jaseone
Aug 8, 2011, 11:59 AM
Plex allows you to stream video from your computer and then use AirPlay over to an Apple TV but I think that is still in experimental stage so I don't know how well that works as my Apple TV is jail broken with Plex installed so I don't need to do that. Good Player only recently added AirPlay support but only in iPod mode so sound only.

I believe in iOS 5 that AirPlay will be enabled by default for all apps and display mirroring should render that a moot point any way unless apps like Hulu kick up a stink.

ciberkarlos
Aug 8, 2011, 03:31 PM
Plex allows you to stream video from your computer and then use AirPlay over to an Apple TV but I think that is still in experimental stage so I don't know how well that works as my Apple TV is jail broken with Plex installed so I don't need to do that. Good Player only recently added AirPlay support but only in iPod mode so sound only.

I believe in iOS 5 that AirPlay will be enabled by default for all apps and display mirroring should render that a moot point any way unless apps like Hulu kick up a stink.

Yeah, Plex doesn't works nice for me, specially with large files... I've just discovered Air Video Free, which create a server on my mac with a free software, then it sends the videos to the iPad app, and allows Airplaying it on my Apple TV. I only tried streaming a small cap. (175MB) and works great.

However, i just want an app (a video player like GoodPlayer) which allows video AirPlay, because in Air Video Free you need a mac software and what i want is to download the videos directly on the iPad and watch it on my TV via AirPlay to Apple TV.

Does it exists?? Thank you!!