Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHutch105

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hey,

Just wondering about a payment method for the ADL. Can you pay using credit on your Apple ID? I got some free credit when I bought my Mac so it'd be nice if I could put it towards that. I'm not sure though, since it's not an App Store or iTunes/iBooks purchase. Any ideas?

Cheers

ViviUO

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2009
The transaction is actually done through apple's online store, so yeah, you just might be able to.

iHutch105

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Cheers for the reply.

I'm actually going to wait until I've got something near ready for release (i.e. - just requires testing on the actual iPhone, rather than the emu) before I grab my licence. Seems a bit daft buying it sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I'm actually going to wait until I've got something near ready for release (i.e. - just requires testing on the actual iPhone, rather than the emu) before I grab my licence. Seems a bit daft buying it sooner rather than later.

But of course, the sooner you start testing on a real device, the better. The emulator is good an' all, but the more testing that can be done on device (or even better a variety of devices) the better.

Good luck!

RTP.

iHutch105

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
But of course, the sooner you start testing on a real device, the better. The emulator is good an' all, but the more testing that can be done on device (or even better a variety of devices) the better.

Good luck!

RTP.

You're absolutely right! :)

turbobass

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles

Good luck!

RTP.
Can I ask -- is this because you might easily be overshooting your device memory limits for the heap if you are using the simulator, and find it all falling apart on the device later?

Or are there other issues with the simulator?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Can I ask -- is this because you might easily be overshooting your device memory limits for the heap if you are using the simulator, and find it all falling apart on the device later?

Or are there other issues with the simulator?

memory is one think which hit me on iPad1.

Another one are not all gestures are working well in simulator; you need a real device to really test it.
Also the real retina experience is different between simulator and device; at least for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.